Monday, August 31, 2009

73rd email from France (the Bureau)

Hey, So this week went by really fast again! Just like you said, it’s kind of hard to believe it’s time to email already. We had a good week. I guess it went by so fast because I wasn’t here for a lot of it. Wednesday I left again for Aix en Provence. We ended up staying the night with Elder Page in Montpellier which was really fun. It was me, him and Elder Gibbons (another that served in St. Raphael) so we mostly mourned over its closing. Thursday I worked all day in Aix with Elder Robinson( who was in the mtc with us) That went well. We were able to teach a few people then we went to their missionary coordination meeting so it was cool to compare how they did stuff differently than us. All the zone conferences went well, we talked a lot about working with less active members. President told us over 70 percent of Europe is less- active so even if just a few of them came back the church would grow much faster than it is now by convert baptisms.
if I were to stay here in Toulouse until October I would get to see Elder Holland at our stake conference but I don’t think I’ll still be here. But that will be cool for those that are. It’s too bad he can’t do a tour of the mission. Yesterday at church went well. They did a little missionary theme. President and Soeur Carter spoke to everyone together (cause of fifth Sunday) about how they need to present themselves as members of the church. They did it with a PowerPoint and everything then for sacrament meeting they talked about missionary work which was cool. We kind of got sucked into singing but I guess it wasn’t too bad! This week in the bureau was pretty crazy just everyone is pretty busy. I’m glad I changed all the phones without any problems- that will make things go easier for a while at least. An elder scraped the side of our car pretty bad so I’m going to have to worry about that this week but it shouldn’t be too bad. I can’t really say much about our amis this week since I wasn’t really here to see or teach them. The Russians did come to church again and the Russian member was there to translate. We didn’t fix anything for during the week cause it’s so hard to talk to them but they said they would come again next week so we’ll teach them there.
My eye sight seems to be not as good as it used to be- I guess I’m just getting old! Well we’re going to go to some preparation day stuff. Love y’all, Taylor
Oh, tell Whitney and Evan that their rock climbing and guitar classes sound cool!

No comments: