Monday, September 7, 2009

74th email from France (the Bureau)

Hey, Thanks for your email. Sounds like yall have a good week. It just kind of flew by for us! We were pretty busy in the bureau but I think by Friday we had all the big problems taken care of. I’ve been on the phone often with our phone company trying to get a senior couples phone to make international calls then last week the Chinese elders went to Albi for a rendez vous and they kind of dented and scratched the side of the car. Two days ago someone told us at a stop light that our brake lights were always on and sure enough he was right. So, we’ll have to get that fixed soon. Then just this morning the elders in Cannes called saying their car was towed last night for being in a construction zone or something like that. I’m just hoping they can take care of it themselves. Then on top of that there is never ending coordonnées coming. Also this week was the end of the month so there were a bunch of reports that had to be turned into our supervisor office in Spain. Also this week I talked with someone from the big offices in England so that was kind of cool for the missionary work. I guess this week wasn’t as bad as I made it sound! W did have a few days with not a lot going on but the lessons we did have were pretty good. We had three people at church again which was cool. The Russians were there so we kind of skipped the end of sacrament meeting and watched a video with them which ended up pretty good. Also we’re going to see them Saturday -hopefully with our Russian members. This Saturday morning we had a lesson with Daniel, one of our amis from Dominican Republic with a member that went really well and we saw one of our new amis from last week named Guillaume. He’s so cool! It’s just always hard to get people interested enough to come to church and actually read or just do anything during the week when we are not there. So Soeur Oliver and another older soeur were at church Sunday so that was cool to talk to her and see kind of what life after is like. I’m trying not to be trunky but it’s kind of hard. I think getting out of Toulouse somewhere else will help me a lot. I just feel like I’ve been here so long now everything we do just seems second nature cause it’s been the same for so long. I can’t believe the transfer is over this week. I will be on the 13th. I still have a while so I’ll try not to think about it but If I had to guess...I'd say I’ll get someone to train in the bureau next week then be gone somewhere else three weeks after. Then I’ll most likely go to one more town where I’ll finish. This week it got really windy and cooler and I got thinking that summer was over but now it turned hot again. I’ll send a passport picture today maybe some others if I have. How is your camera working out? I saw one today that was the same d-90 but anyways I’m sure it’s cool. Are you learning how to use it and everything? I’m sure it’s complicated. Do you still read Andrew and Bryan B.’s letters? If so, email them to me next time. Oh I told you that Elder Holland is coming. So now I guess the Carter’s have set up something with Elder Holland to see all the missionaries in our mission! It’s going to be like a week after he is here for out stake conference so that should be really cool. The only problem is they said if the missionaries are somewhere that they couldn’t come and get back to their villes the same day they can’t come so most will probably get to go. Maybe for Nice and down there, it will be kind of iffy. Yeah, go BYU- that’s cool. Wasn’t it Oklahoma that LSU beat a few years ago for the national championships? Thanks for the LSU baseball shirt you send awhile back. I never would have known that LSU baseball was that good without the shirt! ha Love y’all, Taylor

No comments: