Tuesday, August 25, 2009

72nd email from France (the Bureau)

Hey, what’s up? It’s not p-day but I thought I would just let you know I’ll probably not be able to email until Tuesday. We’re leaving tonight then the Bordeaux zone conference is all day tomorrow then were coming back to Toulouse for our zone conference Wednesday. Thanks for the pictures! Everyone looks so old! I love the one with all the kids on and around the couch. Evan looks kind of like a girl with his hair but it’s cool. Well, send me more if you have some. Love y’all! à mardi

Bonjour à tous
I almost forgot I never emailed anything. Today has been kind of busy. President came in. First off we had a little réunion with all the bureau elders that went well. We just talked with Pres. about all the little things we could do better and what seems to be going tranquille. Everything is pretty good, the only thing is he wants us to be able to leave at four to go and work but it’s pretty hard cause there is so much stuff to do in the bureau- not hard stuff just a never ending list. So yesterday was the conference in Bordeaux. It was really cool to see everyone and they all seemed happy to see me! (but I’m sure it was just the new phones that I had for everyone)
Bordeaux was cool- just kind of what I thought it would be like. Actually, It’s kind of dreary and falling apart- not really in a good way- just kind of rundown but there were a lot of cool old churches and things. So Elder Wright is gone… President told him a few days ago he’s going to Bordeaux with us but to stay there. He was pretty excited. I can’t believe we were together for four transfers- it went by extremely fast. I’m going to miss being with him. It seems like we had months and months of calm smooth flowing days. Also he started in Marseille then went to Nice then here in Toulouse and now Bordeaux to die so he got all the big cities there are- lucky!
We actually had a really good week for the missionary work. We had three people come to church. Two of them being referrals from one of our amis for these two Russian kids that are here to work. So we saw them this week and they ended up being really cool and interested. The only problem is that they don’t really speak French or English so there is a pretty big barrier for the language. There is a member from Russia in the ward. We called her to make sure she would be there Sunday, she said yeah but never came so they didn’t have anyone really to talk with. But it worked out alright. So a few nights ago I was pretty hungry so I made a pizza. I took it out of the oven and put it on a plate. As I was walking to sit down I guess it was too big for the plate but it slid off somehow getting molten hot lava tomato sauce all over my hand leaving pretty bad burn marks and now a few days later a pretty nasty blister kind of on my wrist. I wasn’t very happy about that. The fact that I couldn’t eat the pizza was the worst part. I even had cooked up meat that I had put on the top with extra cheese but because it fell all the way to the floor by bouncing off the counter top and kind of rolling down the drawers, splattering onto the floor- it took twice as long for me to clean it up in major pain than it did to cook it.
Oh I got your package thanks that was awesome. For Dad- today I just got a letter saying my new residence card is ready. I had to renew it after one year and tomorrow morning I’ll be going to pick it up in Pibrac, a little town not to far from Toulouse, so you would probably want the newer one but I won’t have it till tomorrow.
Love y'all, Taylor

No comments: