Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Sixth email from France (Vitrolles)


05.20.08
Bonjour!
How’s everything? Everything here is good. Ok, I’m really sorry but this computer is really messed up so I can’t space between words. I guess just try to go through and fix it before you send it to people. (You’re welcome, everyone! It did take some time-Gwen) haha This is gonna be really hard for you probably. Get Evan to do it or something! We’re in Marseille right now. Looks like I’m gonna be here for another six weeks at least. (if everything works out with the apartment we think we’re getting). I’m pretty excited about that. Everything seems to be going good. We’re still in the Marseille apartment for now but we should have the one in Vitrolles soon. I think if everything goes right, we will move in the first of June. Until then we will have four elders at our apartment- us and two of the other Marseille elders. The papers for the new apartment aren’t finished but I think there shouldn’t be any problems with it. President Merrell said Sunday that if we don’t have it by this week, we are definitely going to have to go somewhere else and he said it probably won’t be Marseille and it probably won’t be together. So the Lovelace’s calls haven’t come yet? That’s too bad. I really want to know. Hopefully next week. Today we haven’t done that much. We’ve just kind of cleaned our apartment for the new guys coming in. We had six elders at our place last night because it was transfers, so that was crazy. One of them is going home today so he was really excited. Thanks for the email. It sounds like everything is going good. Barbara got baptized Saturday! It was really amazing. There were a lot of people there. I’ll send y’all some pictures somehow. The program and stuff- it was really good and spiritual. Her sister, Laticia was crying after and the bishope asked me if the spirit had come and “hit her in the face or something”. It was funny. Awesome! Yes, President Merrell did come and was there for the confirmation on Sunday. He didn’t actually do it. She wanted someone from the ward to do it, which was good I think. We probably tried too hard to convince her for President Merrell to do it but she didn’t even know him. Frere Hotz from the ward did it and it was really great. We’re still working with her mom and sister. They should get baptized in two weeks. They are ready. We normally see them like three or four times a week. After the baptism we had a little lunch with them planned at the church. We met there and cooked the food. It was so great. Everything was good, we had so much food. Bet y’all had fun at the campout at the Brooks. Have you seen Daniel at all lately? I never even got to talk to him between school and when I left for the MTC. That’s funny about Whitney’s story. That sounds just like her. I was always tardy, too. It’s a family curse. Guess it worked out for her anyway. I’m actually getting used to waking up early, though. It’s not bad at all anymore. I like to think that I could do it after I get home, too. But going to bed at 10:30 isn’t that easy normally so I’ll see, I guess. I don’t really need anything at all. That’s cool about Alex’s job at the plant. Is he still at Frasch? Did he decide to go to Provo? Probably- that should be cool. Send a picture of my room. I don’t know if you have changed anything or not. Yeah, I should write Coach Suarez. He would like that. I don’t know his address or anything and about Coach Bourgeois, that sucks. Does Coach Lebato have cancer? Oh yeah, Happy Birthday, Whitney! That’s crazy. I guess your gonna drive the truck. That’s sweet. Keep working on getting that jeep, though. Oh yeah, Mom, find that kid that owns my car and get the pictures. So yeah there are a lot of iffy things. Just keep praying that we can get the apartment thing going. We have been talking to President all the time, trying to get all the papers worked out. Today is the last day for us to have a car, so we will be taking the bus everyday. That’s not too bad. It will just be a little inconvenient. Sorry again for the not spacing. It will only space if I type really slow but I don’t have time to. Well, I’m gonna go. I’ll let you know how everything is next week. We had seven amis at church Sunday so that’s pretty amazing. That made 85 all together. Our ward is sweet!

Love y’all, Taylor

1 comment:

Cathleen said...

Thanks for adding the spaces...I'm sure that took some time. I'm enjoying the opportunity to read Taylor's letters. I will try and keep up with them weekly...so please keep posting. I read more often than I comment. Most of the time when I sit down to my computer, my youngest insists on being on my lap. I can usually read something, but I can't type with her.
I want my son to read his letters too. So far he hasn't, but maybe he will eventually. My son is graduating HS in a few weeks. He has stopped going to Church and Seminary, and currently has no plans for a mission. Taylor sounds like a regular kid (not a "weirdo" Mormon), I think he could relate to him. There aren't any young men his age here at church and he's missing the peer influence of LDS youth that he thinks are "normal". Oh well, I can do is keep praying for him. You must be very proud of your son! What a fine example....tell him to keep up the good work!