Saturday, May 10, 2008

Second email from France (Vitrolles)

4.22.08


Ok, first I hope you realize that you asked like a million questions but everything is good, really good. We just went shopping for food which is cool. I think we got some stuff that should be pretty good. For the packages, you just sent them to the bureau in Toulouse then we get them whenever. I got the dear elder you sent like 6 days ago actually. The last two days I was in Aix en Provence for meetings. We had " blues" conference Monday which was cool but i dindùt get to see Elder Davis so I was bummed about that. I guess cause he is on the other side but i don’t know what city really. Our address here is Marseille rue arras -that’s all I know. There is a big church on the end. But everything is good, we really need to find a place in Virtolles to live cause if we don’t there gonna have to take the missionaries out again. That would suck but I hear that pretty much everybody transfers on their first transfer anyways. Wow 5 hackysacks, thanks no promises but I'll try my best. I have a while to learn I don’t know about the notary thing I’ll call and tell them to look for it when we go to Vitrolles. I still probably won't need a bike. There are only like a few areas here where you need one. We will just take alot of busses. I don’t really need anything. For my power converter I need like a 4 mm extension so it can reach into the sockets. I think that I will find one here though. Every night we call and say how many of everything we had for the day like lessons and contacts and member lessons stuff like that. English class should be good this week. I think that we will have alot of people there so that’s exciting. I have to teach the advanced class if we need one cause I canùt explain everything in French. That should be interesting; normally we speak English in the apartment but French when we are out doing stuff. We have only eaten with members once so far. Last Sunday we planned on it but no one asked us to so we just didn’t eat all day- that kinda sucked. Our ward has like 60 something like that- pretty big. If you want to look on google earth our area is all around the lake by Vitrolles like Fort de buc istre then the other side to like Salon de provence. Its actually really big. There used to be a ward in Salon so there is a bunch of members there. That must have been the first time for anyone from our family to go to Ironman- good job. I never really wanted to. I bet that was fun though. The Grease at the parc sounded pretty cool though. We have an appointment tonight or rendez vous with this sweet family, well a mom her 2 daughters like 17 and 11. They are really cool, just like a normal family that one of the members took to church. We’re gonna eat at another members house, its gonna be fun. They like want to be members so there gonna be baptized. It’s pretty sweet here- amazing. Then we had 7 amis at church Sunday so thats quite a bit. That was sweet. That’s cool about the missionary stickers at church. Tell Sister Matheson to get me some more papers that everyone signed, that was really cool. I can’t believe Tiger didn’t win the masters. I was sure he would that’s disappointing. This was supposed to be his grand slam year then. That’s cool about Johnson. Keep me updated but everything else is good. That’s cool that y’all are reading every night and stuff. The Tony’s is really good we put it on everything. Clyde likes it too. Tell everyone I said hey I’m trying to take some cool pictures. I don’t have that many though look for the big cliff thing in Vitrolles on google earth. Its just like a circle that jets out with this really old building on it. Monday we toured this really old catholic church. it was so sweet -freaking huge. It had a real baptismal font. Then later Sister Merrell taught us the apostasy with a bunch of scriptures only from the bible. It was pretty cool but the church was in Aix where we had blues conference. Blue here is like green there. I think its cause here when the police are new they have to wear blue berets. Everyone here is playing world of warcraft. We’re in the same computer cybercafe as last time. Alot of the people here don’t work, like I said last week. They just get government money and live off of that if that answers your question. I’m getting used to the keyboard, it’s not as bad now. Tell Uncle Chris thanks for the email. I’ll learn to do 5 for him. We had an elder from the 70 at zone conference yesterday so that was cool. In Vitrolles there is one park with a lake in the middle of it. That's our area so we’re always around there. Look for that but that’s about it. Tell everyone I said hey.
Love y’all, Taylor

No comments: