Saturday, May 10, 2008

Fourth email from France (Vitrolles)

5.09.08

Hey what’s up? I guess its Wednesday again. We had another zone development meeting yesterday in Ax en Province so today is our p-day. Sounds like y’all are doing good. ha except Evan’s baseball team. Oh I can call you Sunday I just don’t know how or when. So your right- it was three months yesterday. that’s crazy. It's going pretty fast. France is cool, its different. The language is getting better. My accent still sounds the same I think but the people can understand me a little better so I guess its changing a little. Our trip to Angouleme was really good the train took forever. I wrote Jenny and the Lovelace’s letters but I don’t know when I will send them. I should. I got a letter from Melanie today so that’s cool. I’ll probably write her one back. Oh yeah, is Andrew in Arizona already? I don’t know if you ever told me. I was hoping to get my package yesterday at the meeting cause that’s when we get packages just at the big meetings and stuff but I didn’t have anything. I just don’t have any idea how long it takes to send stuff. I’ll try to send y’all something soon. I need to print out some pictures I have some pretty cool ones. Elder Clyde said there was a golf course in Angouleme and we were gonna go see it but it was raining. I haven’t seen any yet though. I think were about to go meet all the other missionaries in the park around here it. I think its pretty close to the sea so that should be cool. We took the Autoroute that followed the shoreline yesterday going to the conference so that was cool and we paid 2 euros to go in the express tunnel which was really cool. Its like 5 miles long and was alot like need for speed. That stinks about the Lovelaces papers not being complete. I hope that gets worked out soon. I still don’t know about the notary thing I’ll figure out before I call you Sunday. Were y’all off school for labor day? that’s a holiday here so that was cool...not that it changed anything for us. We still haven’t found a place to stay. we have been looking alot. We have people from the ward looking, too. There just isn’t anywhere and the end of this transfer is the 17th so I don’t know whets gonna happen. What kind of iron thing would go on the tv, I mean I don’t care but that just reminded me to ask if y’all ever fixed it. OK so we now have 6 baptismal dates set. It's a little complicated though -one for sure isn’t gonna work, then 3 with the family Albertini, the 3 girls that’s goin good- the mom is on our 7days to stop smoking right now and doing really good but that’s normal- everyone smokes here. The other day we were at a middle school and just walking through the parking lot and there was these kids seriously 12 and 13 ( i asked how old they were) smoking. Its pretty sick how young they start here. But then we have Joelle and Laurent- they are awesome. We contacted them through their window like three weeks ago ha then that was on a Saturday and they showed up at church the next day and we didn’t even ask them to but so that’s another 2 there. That's so sweet about my car. You really need to get that kid to give you some pictures. I really want to see that. That’s so awesome Roman is that still there . Dad you need to go fishing it should be pretty good this time of year at least start up the boat so it doesn’t die. That’s sweet about the Zachary’s camp. Thats really cool ha oh yeah the family reunion that’s cool should be a good trip. I would say to take some pics for me but I’m sure I wouldn’t know anybody anyways. Sounds like your swap meet was fun. I like stuff like that. I probably would have liked it. EFY in San Antonio that’s pretty cool. I guess we will have a new president pretty soon. President Merrell is really cool so I hope the new one is to. Yeah I stayed with Elder Mayo in Angouleme so that was cool. That's good about the releif society thing. Oh yeah, that reminds me I got to go to ward council. It was sweet -maybe the most entertaining meeting I’ve ever been in. There was like 15 people there all the presidencies so like men and women and there was quite a bit of contention and glares haha I really enjoyed it but didn’t understand much. We have a big picnique this Monday at some park so that should be really fun. We still need to invite our amis. ok i don’t know what word I put in French in my last email remind me though cause I didn’t mean to. So Pogue is Irish /Scottish. I really wished I knew that, an old lady asked me last night. I think they ask so much cause everyone knows that Louisiana was French so they want it to be French. I knew it wasn’t though. We went shopping today that was fun. I cant think of that much to say - how is everybody, has anything exciting happened -how is Whitney’s boy from school How’s Tiger and Jimmie doing- oh yeah and Sulphur golf- the regional’s would have been at Frasch this year cause we won last year. How did that go? I’m not sure when exactly it is but I thing it should be really soon or just like a few weeks ago um..oh yeah happy birthday Alex and then I think the next birthday for our family is Whitney. I’m not sure though then like a bunch in a row. It’s starting to get kind of hot here but its not humid so its really not to bad. Gonna start writing the things down during the week for me to email you cause i always forget after i send it i'll talk to you Sunday I guess though I’m not sure how or where from I guess ill figure out the time difference I think its 6 hours just be sure to have your cell phones on. There is like a satellite phone in the church I’m not really sure why its like in the hall I think we can call on that maybe. Have fun with seminary just be sure to tell everyone I said hey. I don’t know who you send these to. I still want some pictures oh yeah that’s another thing I want some pictures of the town and our house after Rita ha because everyone asks about the "cyclone" so that will be cool to show people. I got some pictures in the mail from Sister Merrell just like printed off on the computer from the first few days and a little card and note oh yeah Elder Davis is in Parapinone- I really don’t know how to spell that but that’s what it sounds like but I still haven’t seen him. so everything is good oh yeah dad asked we had 72 at church Sunday and 7 were amis so that’s about normal. I haven’t really eaten any real French food I mean we really haven’t eaten with members. We did one day after church for lunch our first day then like we have had little deserts and stuff at like family home evenings, oh yeah tomorrow ill be on an exchange in Marseille so that should be cool with Elder Green- he is Elder Wright's comp now and Elder Wright will be with Clyde in Vitrolles or actually in Marignane. Thats where we planned to go tomorrow and we have like a bunch of rendez vous but I won't get to do our cours d'anglais so that stinks -those are always fun. Well I’m gonna go. I’ll talk to you Sunday on Mother's Day. Love y’all, Taylor

No comments: