Tuesday, December 1, 2009

86th email from France (Albi)

Hey Everyone,
Wow, all that seems pretty fun. I would have liked to be there in Thailand but I guess our week wasn’t too bad here. We stayed pretty busy. Thanksgiving was good. We started off with a little Turkey Bowl- it was only me and Elder Butler but we went and threw the football around a soccer field- it was fun. Then later on the Arnolds invited us over when they noticed we didn’t really have anything planned. They cooked a really good meal- it wasn’t turkey but still it was good. We all ate too much so I guess that all that really matters. This last weekend I was in Toulouse with Elder Hill. It was cool cause we got to go see a few people I knew there. For lunch, since I have saved alot of money, we went and ate at a really nice old American diner- style restaurant. We’ve been all over doing service this week, just helping people mostly members. I like helping them but it’s going to be hard when the Arnolds leave cause we just won’t have any way to get go see them. I don’t know if I told you but there is one person that comes to church and lives in Albi so teaching with members is really hard and the members invite us over but it’s really hard for them cause they know that they will either have to bring us back to Albi after or at least to the train station. It’s not like we can just come and leave. They like having us. They just know it takes a little extra effort. This next week is going to be filled -also tomorrow morning we have the district meeting in Montauban then I come back here on exchange with Elder Blosil then also Thursday Elder Scott is coming from Toulouse for an exchange. Pretty much all the other days are filled with going and seeing people. Also we have to do alot of thing for Elder Arnold because they have to be moved out of their apartment by Saturday night. President said we could help him for anything he needs so I’m sure that will take at least a little time every day. Tonight we have our soirée familial -everyone is going to meet at the Arnolds then were going to stack wood at a sisters house like thirty miles away way out in the country so that should be fun. I haven’t been feeling super good lately. I was sick then it got better but now all the same symptoms are coming back. The worst thing is my ear. I’m going to go buy some medicine today. It doesn’t hurt a lot but I just have a little earache so I have a hard time hearing out of it. I can tell it’s nothing big though so don’t worry. Well I’m glad you had a good trip! Thanks for the pictures! Love y’all, Taylor

No comments: