Monday, December 21, 2009

89th email from France (Albi)


Hey everyone, I hope you had a good trip to Arkansas and you can make it back without any problems. We had a good week here even though it was pretty hard. We are having a really tough time seeing our amis. It seems like everyone kinda has the same idea of just come by after the holidays which I can understand but it just leaves us without very much to do. I think we went this whole week without really seeing any members or anyone else from church. We’re just kinda in our little world here but we’re doing pretty good trying to have some Christmas cheer and not think too much about home. It’s kinda hard though. It’s been cold. We actually had a few days of snow which was cool, I liked it. Anyways, church was kinda different. We got there and instead of the forty or fifty that normally come there were less than twenty. I don’t know where everyone was- even the people giving talks didn’t show up so we did a little sacrament meeting and testimony thing. Then after that we kinda realized that the teachers weren’t there either so we had one combined class then ended after two hours- kinda funny but it was fun because everyone stayed after and talked. Anyways, we don’t have many plans for Christmas the 24th. We will go to the church at six to eat with the branch president and his family but that about it. Also, Wednesday we have zone conference. It should be fun- it’s my last one so ill get to kinda bear testimony and talk for a while. It’s what we do every time for the ones going home, I just never thought it would be me. I’ll have to think about what I’m gonna say. Also we are going caroling somewhere in town. That should be pretty cool just cause there will be so many of us together also we are having a talent show after just to kinda celebrate Christmas. At first there wasn’t anyone who wanted so sign up so finally we all gave in and said we could do something even if we didn’t think our talents were very cool. I’m gonna juggle then Elder Newel is gonna sing a Christmas song even though he isn’t really a singer also I talked Elder Call- he’s in the district but in Montauban- I talked him into standing on his head, also Elder Scott is going to do sit-ups to the beat of a old classical music song that should be funny. So for our Christmas calls- I think we will just do them from the church since we don’t have anywhere else to go. I’ll probably call around 4, 5 or 6 which should be just Christmas morning in Louisiana and I guess if mom is already in Minnesota then I can just do two calls. Y’all seem to be doing alot of shopping- don’t forget about me! I’ll need alot of stuff when I get back! Love y’all, Taylor

No comments: