Monday, November 23, 2009

85th email from France (Albi)

Hey Everyone,
So this week was pretty good, just kinda normal. I can’t believe it’s already Monday. Church yesterday went well. We had one ami that came, Veridienne. It was cool to have her there. She seemed to really like it. Getting her there was kinda hard. Saturday night she said she wanted to come so we started calling all the members for someone to come pick her up. Finally we got a single soeur but she wasn’t from Albi so she wouldn’t have know where to go so we wanted to go with her but then we realized that we couldn’t go cause it would be just her so finally we called someone else to meet us at church early to go with us. Then go with the soeur to pick her up, it was pretty complicated and took alot of phone calls but it all ended up pretty well. Also at church we had to teach like the class for the kids so like from ages twelve to sixteen. It went well, I think they liked it. This week I did an exchange in Toulouse. I was pretty excited to go see people I knew when I was there but we ended up not having a whole lot of time. We had to go do service for a frère in the other ward but it was fun and he really needed help so it felt good to help him. We were with the other missionary equipe also so it ended up being a pretty good day. We did insulation which made me think of the elders a long time ago at our house doing the same thing except it wasn’t exactly the same work. I would call where we worked more like a stable or barn just with super old rock and brick walls- way out in the French countryside. They cooked for us also which was nice. His wife made a huge lasagna but it was different cause all the meat was salmon which tasted kinda weird at first but I really liked it. Before I’ve eaten spaghetti with salmon and caviar mixed in so it’s kinda the same idea- same taste anyways. We were also able to go and finish painting with our amis David and Aurore so that was fun. They want to invite us to eat with the Arnolds before they leave. I hope we can. They already have their whole last two weeks planned out- everyone wants to see them before they leave but thankfully with all of that the members aren’t forgetting us. We have two things planned this week where we should eat so we are looking forward to that. The only problem is here no one that comes to church lives in Albi so it takes us a long time to get where they live either on the busses or trains. There is an American family here because he plays professional rugby. We were hoping to get invited for Thanksgiving but that didn’t work out. I think we might go eat at a Thailand place though.
So we got the flight plans! That’s cool! I heard the Margret Sales has been talking to dad to try and figure something out. Ohh, I just realized that was the other email you were talking about yeah I got that but didn’t look at it yet- sorry. Yeah, so the bureau knows it’s all worked out now. Yeah, those first plans looked bad-flying in at 6:00 in the morning. These are much better. I talked to Elder Sellers in the bureau about the first flight plans and all he could say was ‘man, that sucks’. Are you taking your good camera to Thailand? OK, well I have to go. Thanks- have a good week and a great trip! Really try and email me from there. That would suck if I didn’t have anything!
Love y’all,
Taylor

No comments: