Monday, November 16, 2009

84th email from France (Albi)

This first one is me and Elder Page. That's probably the last time I'll see him for a while- he dies this transfer!

Us with Samuel at the baptism...

Us, Samuel and the Arnolds...
Hey Everyone,
So we had a good week. I'll start out talking about the baptism- it went really well. It was kinda shocking being there and realizing that someone was actually going to get baptized. I figured it out and it’s been like sixteen months since the last time one of our investigators went all the way without having opposition or any problems but it was really, really good! There were alot more people that came from the branch. We were only expecting a few to come but then more and more kept showing up. They were pretty happy to have someone else and since he is a really cool, funny guy there shouldn’t be any problems with integration in the branch so that’s awesome. The confirmation was really cool too. One of the members brought her neighbor to the baptism and she seemed to be pretty touched. She had alot of questions after and we even got to sit and talk to her a little. I hope we can see her again. So today is p-day but we just got back from a rendez vous. I thought about trying to fix it for another day to not waste any of our free time but I’m glad we went. It was a good rendez vous with a guy named Mr. Zaradzki. He’s older and has alot of health problems but I think it helps him alot to talk to us. I hope we can see him more often. Today was the second time since I’ve been here. Church went well yesterday. There were actually over fifty people so that was exciting. It was kinda crazy at first- we were in our classes and they had just kids everywhere mostly in the hall running up and down. They were supposed to be practicing for their primary program that was later on but they were just making alot of noise and I’ve been having an ear ache thing so I was trying to hear but just couldn’t so by the end I was just super mad at all these kids. But then later for their program they actually did a really good job and I ended up really liking it so I was able to forgive them a little. So this Wednesday we had our zone conference. It was really good. We pretty much just went over all the things that Elder Holland taught us while he was here. We do this thing every conference where everyone prepares little like five minute talks and then the zone leaders choose someone randomly to give theirs. Well, I have avoided this little talk my whole mission but sure enough very unexpectedly they called my name. I hadn’t prepared much at all cause I thought there would be no way I would be the one cause it normally falls on elders the zl's know aren’t working very hard or the greenie, stuff like that- so I kinda winged it but it ended up really good and even President and Soeur Carter were making references to stuff I said for the rest of the conference. I compared missionary work to the old Nintendo 64 game, NFL Blitz and if we do good work without messing up for a while we can become “on fire” then having the power to pretty much do whatever we want. You just dominate the opponent, so that was cool. This week will probably go by really fast. Tomorrow morning we have our district meeting then after that I’ll stay in Montauban for an exchange then we have service with our amis Wednesday then after that the zone leaders are coming for another exchange then another exchange Saturday where I will go back to Toulouse. I’m pretty excited for that one- to go back and work in the area I was when I was in the bureau.
You never sent pictures of anything. The rock concert seems pretty cool. I’m glad that the passport worked out with no problems also you made me scared when you said I would have to go to the embassy here to do some final stuff. French people always make stuff like that super complicated and I’m sure it would have taken alot longer than expected.
In the mtc I took a picture of me flexing- you don’t happen to have that saved anywhere? If so, I want it. I made the bureau buy me a curl bar and send it for zone conference so I’m trying to kinda start doing a few exercises every day.
I’ll send some pictures now! Love y'all, Taylor

No comments: