Monday, November 2, 2009

82nd email from France (Albi)

Hey Everyone, So we had a pretty good week. Ahh, so I just looked in my agenda for the list of cool stuff during the week that I had written down but I guess I grabbed an old agenda so I don’t have it but anyways we had a lot of cool stuff that happened so I should be able to remember. I guess we can start with this weekend. We were mostly in Toulouse. We left early Saturday morning with the Arnold’s for the mission conference. We got there pretty early and it was really cool to see everyone. After a while we all just kinda sat down waiting for Elder Holland and President to arrive. Finally they came, him and his wife, Elder and Soeur Holland then also Elder Kopischke. We started by going up and shaking his hand. He was asking everyone where they came from so I thought Saudi Arabia would be a better conversation starter than Louisiana so I told him that. Just like I knew he would, he said that he had been there earlier in the year then we talked for a few seconds. Still pretty short but cool. Anyway, the meeting started as normal- his wife talked which was really good. She kinda made us all feel good by saying that Europe will bloom when it’s day comes and we’re all doing a really good job and not to worry too much about the outcomes just as long as we’re doing our part. She said to just to keep faith and obedience and we will be protected and see miracles. She didn’t talk for very long just a few minutes leaving most of the two hours for the two authorities. Next was Kopischke who also had a really good talk. He kinda checked up on some of the engagements he had given us a year ago when he made the tour to all of our zone conferences so that was cool. I probably liked it more than others seeing there weren’t a whole lot that were even there a year ago. Then Elder Holland spoke. It was pretty powerful but he wasn’t exactly feeling as sorry for us as his wife was. He talked alot about how he is sick of seeing returned missionaries from France becoming inactive because of how the people here use their free agency. He told us to just learn the gospel, use faith and then what happens happens but there aren’t any excuses to say it’s harder than anywhere else in the world. He also talked alot about the urgency of our callings not only for the people here but for us as future members of the church. It was all very good. We spent the day in Toulouse. I wanted to do an exchange with Elder Gunter and Hill from the bureau but since there was a new soeur coming from the mtc they had to stay and do their presentations for the new missionaries so me and Elder Butler took their car and went and saw a few of our old amis. We actually ended up teaching two of them. We didn’t have much time before we had to meet the Arnold’s who came with two of our amis from Albi back at the church for the Saturday night session. This was good. Also Soeur Carter spoke then a few others and then Elder Holland who talked about Christ much more calmly than the morning conference was. It ended with some kind of a primary program song thing which was weird cause it’s the adult session. Then a ten year old kid gave the closing prayer- just not something you would see in America but whatever. Then apparently some guy went crazy trying to go after Elder Holland and had to get taken out. I didn’t see anything but some random member was pulling us up to the front for backup. I don’t think it was a big deal though. We stayed Saturday night in the bureau then went at ten for the big session. That was right next to the bureau in a big building we had rented so that was cool. We had to meet one of our amis early that came from Albi on the train then we went and found our seats. There were tons of people there. I got to take some pictures with a few Toulouse people I had missed before I left. Tonight we have our fhe again. There should be a few amis that are coming so that should be cool. We don’t have many things planned for the week yet but I think we should be able to find some people to see. Tomorrow morning is the district meeting in Montauban which I’m kinda nervous about but I’m sure it will go pretty good. I told the bureau about the big envelope that should be coming. They should send it right away then I’ll try to get it back pretty fast. If I have question we can just stop by the email place really fast or do it from the Arnold’s. I had some questions for you:
What are the days your going to Thailand?
Are you going to be home for Christmas? If so, what days?
About Dad- that stinks. I hope it’s nothing too bad and he gets better soon. I’ve been pretty tired lately but I think it’s just going to be like this until I come home. I’ve had a cold, too. I bought these pills I thought would help. It had one for the morning, noon and night then before you go to bed so I did that for four days. It’s what the pharmacy gave me but it didn’t seem to help a whole lot.
Why does Chelsea go to a groomer? Sorry I don’t have my camera with me today. I will try to send some next time for sure.
Love y’all,
Taylor

1 comment:

Be A Saint said...

Really random question in the end about Chelsea. I wonder the same thing. Why DOES Chelsea go to a groomer?