Monday, November 9, 2009

83rd email from France (Albi)



Hey Everyone,
So we had a pretty good week. Everything seems to be going by so fast. Every week seems faster and faster. I was pretty sick also which didn’t really help but it’s a little better now. I went and bought some medications that helped then some strong cheese and French mustard kind of helped for the sinuses. I’m just not used to the cold here. The temperature dropped alot this week and I’m kinda getting scared for December and January cause I don’t do very well when it’s really cold. Well, I’ve been here for two weeks now but yesterday was the first time I really met the members with the stake conference being last weekend. It was good, lots of people kinda crammed in our little meetinghouse. It actually reminded me alot of St. Raphael. It had the same feeling with kids running around. We spent the whole hour of priesthood planning out a service project, just things like that but there was a good family-like spirit and they all seem very willing to help us with missionary work so that’s good. We’re going to need help especially after the Arnolds leave in December. So we have a baptism this Saturday! It’s kinda crazy but I’m pretty excited also. It’s a guy around 40 years old that has known the church over ten years and has been an on and off investigator. He hadn’t seen the missionaries in a few months. Three weeks ago he came to church, then the next day to the family home evening, then we saw him during the week and then he came Saturday and Sunday for stake conference. He was really touched and then pretty much had no problems when we asked him to be baptized. We will see him again tonight for the fhe at the Arnolds then he has a little interview with the zone leaders that have to come up Thursday night; then if all goes well, the baptism will be in Toulouse Saturday at two o’clock. The branch is pretty excited to have a new member also. I think it’s been a while since they have had a baptism. The district meeting went well, better than I thought. I was pretty nervous having so many people but it kinda just made it easier cause there were more people answering and helping with roll playing activities and stuff like that. I just need to be sure to be really prepared cause it’s alot harder to wing it in front of that many people than it was with just one or two other companionships back at the bureau. Another cool thing about Albi is that Frere Moukilou is here.’ I dont know if I ever said anything about him but he was a member in Toulouse when I was there. He helped us alot and was the assistant to our dmp, the missionary coordinator person but a while back he was searching pretty seriously for a wife. That was like six months ago but a while back he got married to a recent convert here in Albi then they moved here just a few weeks before I came. I was pretty happy to see him here when I came. We also taught the coolest couple this week. Their names are David and Aurore. They are both school teachers and probably the coolest, smartest people I’ve ever met. They were asking some questions about the Book of Mormon like how Nephi knew the word gentile and just some other things no one ever thinks about. They are in the middle of building a house kinda in the middle of nowhere so it’s kinda hard to go see them but hopefully they will keep reading and searching with open hearts.
So I sent all the papers and passport to Houston. It’s going to take like six or seven days. I think they had a two day service but it would have been 60 Euros so I chose the next one for like 15 that took a week. I hope it gets there ok. There aren’t any really reputable mailing places here. There is only la poste which is like the UPS for France but it shouldn’t have any problems. I had a question at the top of dad’s work. Is it owned by like a royal family of Saudi Arabia or is just like a normal CEO? As for buying me clothes- if you want you can. I’ve been kinda thinking about what style I’m going to go back to. I think it’s going to be mostly polo shirts. They don’t have to be polo polo but just polo style then just jeans or whatever. I came with two pairs of jeans- one was kinda loose before and now it’s just impossible to wear then the other which was tight is loose. The ones that are loose now are like 30’s but don’t really buy alot of stuff like that because they all fit differently. I’m just gonna have to go shopping but that will be fun. Also I think don’t worry about Christmas stuff. I’ll be back right after where I will need real stuff and it costs so much to send stuff. I would say just don’t worry about it just some letters or something. Love y’all,Taylor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.