Tuesday, October 27, 2009

81st email from France (Albi)

Hey Everyone, I hope you had a good week. Everything is pretty good here. Um, I didn’t email yesterday cause I was on the train. I was pretty sure that I would just stay in Cannes until the end but I guess President wanted me elsewhere. I’m in Albi now. It’s a town about an hour north of Toulouse that so far seems pretty nice and has a little branch with about thirty people. We did service this morning so I got to meet the branch president and some other members. Also, there is one of the two mission couples here in Albi so it’s super cool to go and work with them. They are at the very end of their mission and are pretty excited to help us with whatever we need. When President called me he said the work was going slowly so he was counting on me to pick it up a little. I’m sure he says that to almost everyone but we will see how it goes. I thought I would be sad to leave Cannes but actually this move will help me work hard until the end. I’m still district leader just with a much bigger district than ever before. I’m kinda nervous but it shouldn’t be too bad. Also, I have Elder Hill and Gunter from the bureau so I should get to go on exchanges there and see some old amis. There should be us then four more companionships so that will be one of the bigger districts in the mission. So you know this Saturday we have our mission conference with Elder Holland. I’m really excited. The cool part is that now I’ve moved into the Toulouse stake again so we get to go to the stake conference which is the real reason he is coming. So yeah, Albi seems to be pretty cool. I’m sure it’s gonna be freezing by Christmas time but hopefully I’ll be able to get through it. I’m sure a new ville will make the next few weeks fly by cause there is always alot to learn with the investigators and just to get to know the town always takes a while. I’m with an Elder Butler. He’s from Chicago but kinda went to high school in Seattle- just kinda moved around a lot. He’s alot younger in the mission, I think sixth transfer. He’s cool. Right now he has some knee problems and has a hard time walking around a lot. It’s really cool having a senior couple here. We had a fhe last night at their house with another member and one of our amis that came also. This morning they drove us to service then they taught with us today at four. We had a really good rendez vous with an old African lady name Amandine. We were actually able to set a baptismal date for the 21 Novembre which is cool and it seems pretty solid. We didn’t do very much, it’s mostly the Arnolds (senior couple) that really want to see a baptism before they go home in December but anyways, it’s a baptism and that’s awesome. We also have another lesson at their apartment tonight with another one of our amis so things are going pretty good. So thanks for doing all that school stuff for me.Cannes was cool just to go back for a while and see everyone. I kinda realized we didn’t have much going on with our amis or anything so I wasn’t too sad to leave. Well, I don’t have alot of time. I think I might send you some pictures from the Arnolds computer if I can. We have to go back to our apartment now then go over to the rv. I hope you have a good week. Love y’all, Taylor

No comments: