Monday, September 14, 2009

75th email from France (the Bureau)

Hey Everyone,
First off, thanks for all your emails and everything you sent me! It was fun to get the blogs and stuff. It’s always good to read what others are doing and they all seem to be doing pretty well. This was a good week. A lot of things didn’t go exactly as planned but it worked out. We had some really cool stuff too. After the zone formation meeting I went to Tarbes to do an exchange with Elder Beadle. I’ve been kinda excited for this exchange for a while because for the moment in Tarbes they are having a really rough time and not really teaching or finding lots of people. It had been almost a full transfer since they had any new amis or lessons with the members going over there. We said that we would talk to everyone and hopefully see some miracles in finding people that would be willing to talk to us and learn more. Later on walking and passing by old amis and kinda heading towards the area that we had a rendez vous planned for later on that day, there was a man crossing the road. He was way behind us but trying to be obedient in talking to everyone we see, we decided to turn around and contact him which lead to a wonderful lesson that lasted about an hour there on the street. We were able to set another rendez vous for this coming week making him a new ami and breaking the long streak of no new amis! This day in Tarbes helped me appreciate all the people here that are mostly willing to talk to us even when not really interested. It’s transfer day so I’m going to the gar to get some people. I’ll write more later. Ok, so we just got back all the missionaries that are going home are here now but it’s not too bad cause there are only three I think. Today were gonna get away with only doing two trips to the train station which isn’t too bad. To answer your question yes- we got another colleague today -his name is Elder Hill- aka la jeune sauterelle (young grasshopper) so I’ll be training him for about three weeks then leaving somewhere. I think my last weekend will be conference weekend making it around six months here in Toulouse, seeing that when I came the first week was the April conference. So Elder Hill is from Colorado but a few months ago his family moved to Houston. He seems really cool.

Dang, I just deleted the window and what I had typed; which kind of makes me think of all the stupid computers I had to use in the last year eeh I’m gonna miss the bureau but I’m really excited to get back in the full swing of missionary work. Here, it’s hard to explain, but just not the same. Good, but not the same. Sorry this letter is like in three emails- you know transfer days are pretty crazy for us! Now it looks like we have to go back to the gar cause some sisters bags got taken off the train then she kept going and now we have to try and send them on the next one to Bordeaux. For some of your questions: I like what you did last year for my birthday, just slip some money in my account then I’ll spend it when I need something most likely after I’m back but here I’m pretty set. I don’t want more stuff to lug around. You don’t even really need to send a box or anything- I feel like I just got one! Elder Page told me that there is a guy he knows from Utah that sends him dear elders and that he was talking about stuff I had written on my blog which makes me wonder about how many people really read it! Thanks for sending me copies and Andrew and Bryan’s emails from the blogs. Andrew seems like he is doing really well in Arizona but I can relate alot better to what Bryan said in his. I think Germany and France are a lot alike. Thanks again for the emails and have a great week! Love y’all, Taylor

No comments: