Monday, September 21, 2009

76th email from France (the Bureau)

Hey Everyone,
Thanks for the emails. It sounds like everyone is doing good. I enjoyed the pictures. Everyone looks so different. I really like Evan’s hair- ha. Maybe that’s the look I’ll go for after. I doubt it but it would be nice to cover my little receding hairline. First off, this week was crazy. We spent almost the first three days running around doing stuff for the transfers then right after we had people coming for carte de sejours medical visits so we had to taxi them around since no one else can drive. It all took up alot of time making it pretty hard training Elder Hill in all that he has to do after I leave. So yesterday at church the Russians came with three other amis so that were really cool! They really enjoyed church and should be there next week also. That was really exciting and we even got to teach them after with a member. Just to clarify a little also, we fixed a rendez vous with just the two Russians Saturday for a little "cours de française" or French classes since they don’t speak very well. Also today doing our shopping we met a really cool French lady that lived in New York and has been to Utah so knew alot about the church. After talking for a while she was trying to convince me to teach French after but that’s not very likely. I’m already pretty "bureau trunky" and extremely excited about going out into the full swing of missionary work , also with the time I am leaving Toulouse there is an opening somewhere that I would love to go to. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I try not to think about it much but it could happen. We might go eat but I’ll be back down later- hopefully I can sleep a little today. Thanks for the pictures. It was cool to see the city just in the background of that one of y’all walking to the car. Have you been using your new camera?
I can’t believe September is almost over. Goodness, it seems to have just started but really we only have a little less than a week left. I’m hoping to leave right after conference weekend. That’s normally about how long the person in my place trains someone else but I’m not sure. Also I was wondering if you have all the old pictures on the computer that I’ve sent you or if they are all at home. Let me know. The head honcho from Spain told me to go to Opel dealerships looking for a few "merivas". I guess it’s the next car they want replacing our Renault Clios. They are kind of like a small minivan. The ones we have now are really nice and cool. Thailand should be cool. I looked up the town you said, it looked like a random little place. Have fun at your bbq and beach tomorrow. It’s gonna be sweet not having school. I wish I could be lazy sometimes. Sorry I haven’t been sending pictures of anything. I’ll try better. It’s just I don’t really have my camera very often, maybe I’ll start wearing my backpack for a week or so and pull it out when there is cool stuff. It’s just I never have it with me now
Do you realize I have less than four months to go now? I can’t even believe that.
Love you very much,
Taylor

No comments: