Tuesday, January 27, 2009

42nd email from France (St. Raphael)

Hey everyone, I’m transferred to St. Raphael! Yeah, I’m pretty excited to be here. I wasn’t really expecting to come here but I’m pretty sure it’s going to be really good. I took the train early this morning and got here around 7:00. The branch president was there and took us back to our apartment in his car so we didn’t have to walk. I’m with Elder Page. He's really cool. I think it’s going to be really good. It’s a smaller branch with like 50 that come but I would rather that than a big ward where we didn’t really know anybody. Elder Monson left too. He went to Toulouse to be the secretary in the bureau, which is perfect for him. We have our ward mission meeting tonight so I’ll get to meet some more people there. Elder Monson was here just before Cannes so he told me lots of good things. I’ve been here a few days on exchanges also, so I know a little already. We also have a big branch activity this Saturday so that will be good to get to know some people before church. I guess the fact that it’s in St. Tropez doesn’t hurt either! I’m really lucky to still be here on the Riviera. It’s a little smaller here than Cannes but the same beach- town feel. The chapel is pretty nice too. It’s a little smaller but still pretty nice. It’s in a neighborhood not far from the beach just mixed in between big houses. I still don’t know a whole lot, I’ve only been here a few hours! This week we just kind of went by and saw all the people we knew. We actually watched the Testaments with a few of them- that was relaxing -probably not the best use of time but there wasn’t much inspiration to go find new people with us both leaving. Then we’ve been packing and that always takes a while. The ski trip sounds fun. Yeah, I guess you wouldn’t really need that many winter clothes there in Saudi, good thing you could borrow some coats. I wasn’t too far off where I thought y’all were on the map. It’s just a little north of where I was guessing. Dubai would be sweet especially for a big world market even though I can’t think about what you would buy there. Arabic culture class seems cool. The language I think is really hard to learn though. I really don’t have much to say I don’t really know much about St. Raph and don’t have any big things to say about Cannes. I’m glad y’all are doing good. I'll try to get you some more pictures of the new area and stuff. Thanks for the maps! They helped. Oh yeah, I got Whitney’s letter today. We walked in the new apartment for the first time and there it was. Elder Page was like, “What?-that’s junk! It’s your first day here and you already have mail- dang!” I assured him it wasn’t a daily thing but thanks, it was good. Well, that’s about it. I’m sure next week I'll have lots more to write.
Love y’all, Taylor

No comments: