Wednesday, January 14, 2009

40th email from France (Cannes)

Hey everyone! I’m really sorry about last week’s letter. I know it was pretty lame. I was actually pretty mad. It just completely shut off right before I sent the email then we had our train and our metro to get to the train station so I couldn’t type another one. The weeks seem to be flying by. We’re already in week 5 of the transfer. The changes will be the 20th I think so pretty soon. I don’t know if I’ll stay or go. Either way I wouldn’t mind. I’m legal here though so I’m pretty free to go wherever so I guess we’ll find out next week. It’s still really cold on the other side so I guess I hope I stay down in the south. You know I hate the cold. It’s been pretty hot again today. It was really sunny and warm. From what I hear, everywhere else in the mission got a lot of snow a few days ago, even Marseille. Everyone was pretty shocked but I’d rather be in the sun. I like Cannes though. It seems like we’ve done a lot here. When we came we didn’t know anybody and now we have friends just all over, in pretty much every neighborhood. Yesterday we were in Centre ville and we ran into the soeurs (sisters). Actually there are three of them now. They went to Toulouse last week to pick up a new one from the north of France and there 3 until the end of this transfer making us 7 here which is quite a bit. This week one of their amis was baptized so that’s really cool. There were a lot of people that came and one guy were teaching came so that was cool! We also had our meeting with the ward mission leader and the other leaders to talk about the missionary work. That was good because that was the first time since before Christmas that they actually had the meeting. The big soldes are going on. They’re the big sales that all the stores do twice a year so we might go see what there is since were already in centre ville for the computers. I don’t really need anything. I bought myself one present so far- a huge umbrella. It’s pretty cool! The other little one I had broke and I was sick of being wet so I went to this golf store and bought it. It’s really big so much that it’s even kind of hard to navigate in between poles and down little French roads but it’s nice and dry so I like it. This week we’re going to be in St. Raphael again for our zone development and interviews so that’s pretty exciting. Some more questions and comment:
· First, what’s an itouch?? Which also reminds me, do y’all have phones or when do you think all that is gonna work out?
· Um, have you heard alot of people speaking Arabic? If so, it’s pretty sweet right?
· How dang hot is it going to be there in the summer?
· I really liked the pictures you sent. I’m about to look at them again so if it’s not too hard send me some more. I’ll start sending some in emails too. You need to maybe take more of around town and stuff outside of the house , just all that. Thanks.
· Does Dad still like the job? I tell him to email me about what his day is like and what he’s doing- all that.
· I guess the schools are cool. Sounds like it.
· I never got Whitney’s letter. I hope I do though. We can still email, don’t worry! If we couldn’t I would be really upset. If someone in this mission doesn’t email, it’s a choice. President Carter seems pretty cool about stuff like that. He’s the one that gave us more time to email friends- before it was just family. He thinks it’s important.
· So is there really like just desert all around you?
· I think it’s funny you have a little “yard boy”. (I took out the term he really used and substituted)
· Those people just let you use their car? That’s really sweet! Are they all little cars like that or are there American ones? Here all the cars are standard and they’re all super small. It still surprises me every once and a while we’ll see some old grandma riding on a scooter or something. Just things you would never see at home.
· Have Whitney and Evan been talking to their friends at home?
· Since you seem to want more details about it, we were all throwing up from the food so I guess it was just not cooked or something. I don’t know- it was really good to sleep though.
· That would be weird to have a maid.
· Are there really big houses in the compound for like the big bosses and stuff? You mentioned “the Hills” so I was wondering.
· Tell me more about the other members and that. Are there lots of youth or not really? I know there is more to ask but that’s all I can think of!
Love y’all, Taylor

No comments: