Tuesday, January 20, 2009

41st email from France (Cannes)

Hey everyone, Thanks for your email and all the info and the pictures even though Evan is wearing all of my clothes! I actually knew what an itouch was- I was just making sure because no one told me they had them- they’re really cool but not as cool as my future iphone! I didn’t know the guitar was a fender, that’s sweet! That makes 3 in the family, we’re just starting our own little collection. Wow, Switzerland, that sounds really cool. Skiing is sweet especially when you’re in the Alps! Dang, when I went snowboarding it was harder than I thought but skiing should be a little better. I remember the 2 weeks after I was super sore and that was just from one day. Whitney, be sure to take pictures. Swiss people are cool, too. I know a few and most of them speak English. Good job breaking your wrist Evan! In a few weeks our pday is going to start being on Mondays just so you know. I really like Tuesday- I think it breaks up the week better. This week went by super fast. We stayed pretty busy. We went to St. Raphael three times for different meetings then we did an exchange also but also we had a pretty hard time finding lessons. We had alot of things planned that didn’t work out just right. We even had members with us for alot of them. That’s the worst because it’s a waste of their time and discouraging for them. Most of them understand that’s just how it is but you still hate to waste their time. We had our meeting with President so that’s always good. There’s gonna be alot of changes this transfer but we’re still not sure what’s going to happen. We really won’t know until Saturday is when he normally calls us. He did say that our companionship will be closing. He just doesn’t know if it will be after this transfer or the next which means that were both gonna leave at the same time and just give whoever we’re teaching to the other missionaries that are there. That’s fine but I’m not sure if I want to stay another one just to close it. There’s not a whole lot of motivation especially because this transfer is the long nine week one. But either way I’m sure it will be ok. Either way if there is a change we’ll be moving next Tuesday so I guess you’ll know in the next email. We were talking with Soeur Carter and she told us that our mission is going to decrease alot by the end of the year. She said that were gonna lose about 40 percent of the missionaries here making it where there’s just 2 for every chapel or branch and the sister missionaries will only be in the wards where they have 2 sacrament meetings at different times during the day. And all that should be changing over the next 6 months or so. We’re just going to start losing the big groups like they came but we’ll only be getting a couple from the mtc so at the end we will only have about 60 or so. She actually said the church is going to start sending more to where they baptize more. Let’s just say this wasn’t the most inspiring discussion. Also we’ve lost quite a few older couple missionaries that no one is really replacing just because it costs alot and stuff but also that means that there will be more work for us to do which is good. Just like here in Cannes there is 7 of us and after there’s gonna be 2 or in Marseille where there’s 6 there will be 2 so I’m sure we will have alot more people to teach and be really blessed to find the people that are really ready to hear our message. Yeah- people speak Arab, that’s cool. I really want to find a book just to learn a little- maybe the alphabet. I think that would be cool because it’s all around here too. I had someone pull up a map of Saudi on the internet but I still couldn’t find where you are but I think I know is it just north of Dubai kinda on the coast? That’s another thing Dubai- do people vacation there because that’s like the sweetest city in the world and the PGA is there every year! I never got the letter from Whitney maybe it will just take a while I hope anyways.How much money do I have in my account? I don’t have any way of seeing. It sounds like you’re doing really good there. I’m always happy to get your emails . How’s Brian Barton doing in Germany? I guess he’s there already. What’s he saying about the language? I need to write Andrew and Clay. I haven’t in a while. Thanks for everything! Love y’all, Taylor

No comments: