Tuesday, February 3, 2009

43rd email from France (St. Raphael)

Wow – Elder Holland? That’s really cool! Before I wouldn’t have thought that much of it but now I’m pretty jealous. That’s going to be really cool. He came to the mtc when I was there and that was by far the highlight. I still remember his last conference talk about ministering of angels, sweetness. I’m sure you’ll get to chat a little; that’s really a cool experience! And Evan getting a new suit- that’s pretty snazzy- here we have hard times getting the little punks to take off their skateboard hoodies that they wear over white shirts to pass the sacrament. Yeah, I know! One year- that’s crazy!! Burning shirts-that’s pretty old I think. I’ve never heard of anyone really doing that, maybe somewhere else not here at least. Switzerland should be awesome. I was worried that it would be bad weather because it’s been cold and raining here and they’re saying it’s gonna be like this all week. So we had a really good week! We have lots of things to do. The branch is really sweet and we’re in contact with members almost every day, either teaching with them or doing stuff for them, just whatever. I really like it though- lots better than what we had at Cannes. Vitrolles was good but everybody just lived all over. Most people here aren’t too far from us. Everybody is close together. Our activity wasn’t really good. Everyone thought it was going to rain but it ended up being pretty nice. We were just in this park not long from the beach. They had a scavenger hunt thing that was pretty well done. Everyone was pretty into it. And before that we ate. People grilled a lot and people brought stuff. Everyone seems pretty nice. Church was good- a little crazy- but nothing too bad. They already gave me a talk for this Sunday so we’ll see how that goes. I’ll probably just get up and talk –they’ll like it. I’m stinkin sore today. Goodness yesterday we went to a gym with one of our amis. It was really good, it just killed me! I miss working out though. I’m definitely going to start again after I get back. Me and Elder Page just cut our hair pretty short and then found out that we have zone conference next week so were hoping no one says anything. I really like it but it’s on the verge of being buzzed so we’ll see.I keep forgetting you live in Saudi then I’m always surprised when I read all that y’all are doing in the emails. Thanks alot for the pictures. I really was planning on sending more but I forgot my camera today, sorry. Next Tuesday I will. Our p- days are Monday now but we still do our emails on Tuesday. It’s actually gonna work really good for us; the library is closed Mondays so we called to see if we could stick with Tuesday for email and president didn’t have any problems so now on p- day we don’t have to take time going to do emails. So we’re both pretty excited about that! Elder Page is just a little older than I am. We were actually in the MTC for a little while together but I don’t really remember him from there. He left the group before me………. (End of email)
…….our computers were being fishy so I sent it I, guess it worked. But anyways, this week was really, really good. We seem to have lots of stuff to do all the time so that makes it go by pretty fast. I hope y’all have a good week. Have fun on all your little trips. I don’t ever know if it’s a big deal to go anywhere or if it’s just like going to Lake Charles but it seems like y’all are good. I really like it here! Love y’all, Taylor

No comments: