Monday, May 4, 2009

56th email from France (the Bureau)

Hey everyone, thanks for the emails. Sounds like you had a pretty normal week, the same here. Everything has been pretty relaxed and not so stressful. It’s been starting to get hotter too, but there’s still a lot of little rain storms that come in every now and then. The other day we were in the hot sun then it started to rain but I guess with the wind and direction of the rain we didn’t have any clouds over us or nearby. It was kind of weird. We actually had a really good week with the missionary work, the best since I’ve been here and in a long time. I guess we were able to teach at least one person every day which I guess doesn’t seem that hard but you would be surprised sometimes. We actually were able to find a few new people that are pretty interested also! I’m a little worried about this week also because we don’t have too many things planned out but that’s normally how it is, then they just fall into place as the week goes on. I’m glad its preparation day today because I’ve been a little tired lately. You know what I do, it seems like every time I’m tired like this I end up getting a little sick and just sleeping for a day. So I hope that doesn’t happen. But it’s not like we can just take a nap either, which is something I miss. You know how much I like to just sleep even if it is a waste of time! Getting up at six thirty every day kind of wears down on you after a while. Saturday we talked to this guy that seemed pretty cool and said we could come back Sunday. So we went and his wife was all excited to see us. I guess when she was younger one of her brothers or sisters was really sick and they had some member neighbors that proposed that the elders come over to give a blessing. They let them come then she told us that the kid was completely healed and that all the pain was gone. So that was pretty cool and we’re going to see them again next Sunday. Well, I guess I’ll call Sunday around 5 or 5:30. I hope we can do it just here from the bureau. We have like three lines. I’ll need to buy a calling card this week. I still have time on my last one but I think it’s only good for a year and I bought it for the first call. Yeah, I hope Whitney and Evan are there this time. When are y’all planning on going back for summer? Do you know your flight plans and all that? Does Dad get to go or does he stay and how long are you going to stay? Yeah, you said something about your camera class last week, that’s cool. What camera are you using, just the digital one? How did Dad and Evan’s scuba diving night work? Have they actually done any diving yet? The basketball pictures were pretty cool. Maybe I’ll take one today then send them later in the day. The desk from last week isn’t actually mine, it’s the secretary’s but it looks cooler and bigger so I took a picture in it. I’ve been thinking about David T. flying around in his plane all week. Sister Brooks’ blog was really funny especially the home teaching remark at the end. Thanks for sending me that story, I like stuff like that. I’m sure he is just nuts when he flies. Well, try to email back a little something then I’ll get back on later maybe with some pictures. Love y’all, Taylor

No comments: