Monday, May 18, 2009

58th email from France (the Bureau)

Hey Everyone, Thanks for the emails! We just got back from Auchon doing our shopping for the week. It took way too long, almost two hours. I’m pretty tired. I hope we get to relax a little bit today but it’s not looking like it. We have had a pretty hard week, we couldn’t really find many people to teach or see. It’s always hard to leave the apartment when you don’t have a lot of things already planned. This next week is looking a lot better. We already have quite a few things planned that are pretty solid. Sunday wasn’t the best either. I really thought we would have had at least 4 investigators there, we had confirmed everyone, made sure they knew exactly how to get there, what time and everything then just no one! I called a few of them after the first hour and finally got one to come but just for the last hour which is sacrament so I guess it was ok. President and Soeur Carter were there for the first time in forever and there was only I think, one person during the class for the investigators. I’m getting tired of all these French holidays. There has been something big almost every week since I’ve been here but now there’s a really big one coming up- the day of "assencion", the Catholic day to celebrate Mary. Remember last year in Vitrolles where they did the huge parade with candles and a big statue of her in the front. It was just ridiculous, but to make it even better this time it falls on a Thursday so they do something they call "le pont" or the bridge so they just make Friday a holiday also and start a four- day weekend. French people are unbelievable! haha Even the bureau work has been slow this week. The biggest thing is that Elder C. put gas in the car but it takes diesel. It’s at the shop now- I’m just hoping they don’t have to redo the engine or anything. He was freaking out after he realized what he did but I think it’s gonna be ok. All the new greenies came from the mtc this week, that was fun! They all seemed pretty cool. Oh, my two choices for coming home are 19 January or 8 March. January is sounding really good. I’m probably going for that. It’s really funny, at the beginning when they said we could choose everyone was like “oh yeah, woo-hoo another couple months to serve!!” but now almost everyone is taking the early date- but I don’t blame them, there’s a lot of time in between January and March. There’s a few going home this transfer that are gonna be two or three days late for the BYU semester- that’s one thing I don’t think I would like to do, but there all from Salt Lake or around there so they will still be with their families. I’ll send another email later with my passport and maybe some pictures. I think we might go try to see this museum in Centreville but I’m not sure. If we do that we would have to come straight back and go to work again then we would be all tired for the rest of the week. It would be fun though. I really liked the pictures of the camel market- pretty crazy! Well, we’re gonna go eat. Love y’all, Taylor

No comments: