Monday, April 27, 2009

55th email from France (the Bureau)


Bonjour tout le monde,
So, Ivy’s having a baby that’s cool. I figured she would while I was here. I’ve just been waiting for the news. I feel the same as Whitney, I’m not really good with kids but that’s good! I’m sure everyone is happy. MaMa said that everyone back home already knows. I’m sure news spread fast. The good news is we’ll get to talk about it when I call in a few weeks! I think Mother’s Day is the 10th so just next week email me what time I need to call. I hope you had a good week. It wasn’t too bad here. I’ve been a little stressed which I would say isn’t a very common thing for me. Everything’s a little calmer now. When I got here they gave me my own phone which at the time I thought was super sweet; now sometimes I want to throw it out the window because it never stops ringing! Yesterday we had our stake conference. It was really good. A girl talked that just got off her mission in Baton Rouge and she talked a lot about the Louisiana people and her little redneck hick towns she served in! I would like to talk to her more but I think she’s in Carcassonne. For the conference, the church had to rent a big building with stadium seating and a big stage probably about the size of the Lewis auditorium but really modern and nice. I’m actually lucky because I went to the stake conference in Nice when I was in St. Raphael then I came here and got it again. There were a few more people in Nice than here but it was still good to see everyone. We had a ton of missionaries staying at our apartment the night before which is always a little annoying when they are just all over. Maybe I’m just a little unsocial, the others don’t seem to mind it so much. I can’t believe this transfer is almost over. I can’t believe that time has gone by so fast- it’s unbelievable especially since I’ve been here in Toulouse. I guess the next transfer is my tenth of either 15 or 16- I still have to choose but either way it’s going downhill pretty fast. So we’ve been teaching a lot of people lately, at least kind of a lot for the time we have in the evenings. We did our weekly planning yesterday where we talk about all the people we see and plan lessons. We finished and I was like “wow, all of the people we see are from other places.” The French people are just super hardheaded and just don’t really care but being in a big city brings people from all over. The members are pretty open to work with us too, which is awesome. We have rendez-vous for almost every day set up with the members to come and help us. Everyone seems pretty shocked when I tell them where you live. The French people especially but they don’t really understand how it is. Thanks for all the candy and the shirt from Rome. I enjoyed the dates, they were really good. I’ve eaten them a lot but never like that, just always plain. We all enjoyed the Arab writing on the candy wrappers too. I’ll try to hop online later and send some pictures. I’m going to have to take some first. I haven’t since I came here but maybe of the bureau and our apartment. I would of the car but we just had to park it really far away. It’s a really nice little Renault Clio. I really enjoy using the manual transmission; it’s like a life dream come true. Well, I’ll send this then another later. Email quick if you have any other questions or if I didn’t answer some of the first ones. I’ll probably email Ivy now. Love y’all, Taylor

No comments: