Tuesday, February 10, 2009

44th email from France (St. Raphael)

Hey everyone, Sorry I don’t have my camera to send pictures. I’m gonna write it down so I don’t forget next week but thanks for the ones you sent. They all look pretty cool especially all the ones of skiing. The furniture is pretty nice too. This week has been pretty good. Yesterday we woke up early then the zone leaders from Cannes came and picked us up to go to Aix for our zone conference. It’s always good to see everyone and talk about what everyone’s been doing. Everything seems to be going fine. We’ve stayed pretty busy this week. We have quite a few people to see and rendez vous all over the place so were just kinda all over. We pretty much have stuff planned for everyday until this weekend so that’s good . It has been raining alot and cloudy but not too bad. Everyone in the zone was saying how cold it’s been but here we’re still nice and warm. I know- one year- that’s weird to think about! Last night we had a little party with some of our Tahitian members and also some of our amis. It was really sweet. I really like them, they’re so chill. I’ve already eaten with a few different Tahitian families and there kinda like us -they always make something with lots of meat then put it on rice. I like it. We had 59 people at church this week. I think that’s the most there’s been in a long time. Everyone seemed pretty excited about that. I gave my talk. It went really good. I ended up having to go for a long time because the guy in front of me took about 3 minutes but it wasn’t bad. I just never thought I would be the one filling in for someone else, especially in another language! Good luck with your car guy. That’s kinda of a weird job but whatever. Elder Page wants a picture of the yard boy. Every time we talk about him I find myself trying to explain to people that he isn’t a slave just someone that waters the yard and doesn’t get paid a whole lot. Also I was wondering if you could explain how church is and where it’s at, if everyone knows that’s what it is or how that all works. If they tell people not to talk about it-just curious about everything. Is it far from your house or just there on the compound thing and you did. I hope the visitor still comes and you can tell me more next week. Oh I’ve been meaning to ask how long do you think your gonna be there? I figure until dad retires! Well sorry I don’t have any big stories or anything. Everything’s going pretty good. I’ll send pictures next week, I promise, and if you could send one of the little yard boy and maybe the church that would be cool- thanks! Love y’all, Taylor

No comments: