Tuesday, February 17, 2009

45th email from France (St. Raphael)


Hey! Sorry I’m late. I guess I shouldn’t have told you we were going to be doing the emails at the same time because I already messed that up. Thanks for the emails and pictures. I have my camera today so I’ll do those after I write this. I had a really good week. It went by pretty fast. I spent a day in a new city -that always exciting- Toulon. It’s in between here and Marseille. It was fun. It’s actually really big- lots bigger than St. Raphael and even Cannes but I was there with an elder who is pretty lame and just waiting to go home. But anyways- also we were in our apartment Thursday I think and we didn’t really have much planned and we weren’t really feeling like walking all day so we decided to take off to St. Tropez. We had been needing to go for a while and we had some people that live there that we could go pass by and hopefully see. So we went down to the bus station and went. The bus was expensive and took about an hour but it was all along the beach with a good view so it wasn’t too bad. The town is pretty little and really nice. There weren’t many people there but I here in summer there is about a hundred thousand so I’m sure that’s crazy. No one was at the addresses so we ended up eating a pizza and window shopping- aawing at 300 euro ties and 18 thousand euro purses or probably around 25 thousand dollars. Our Valentine’s Day was good too. We were all over- really all over. We have this pace counter in our apartment that tells you how long you’ve walked and we have been planning for a while to use it but we were waiting for a day where we knew we would be walking a lot. So this was finally the day-Saturday- the final count was 30 kilometers or 18.8 miles. We actually ended up buying flowers and seeing all the people we know and giving them out. Everyone seemed to like it I think. The branch here really likes us. We have by far the best member relations here than I’ve had in the first two places. The other day we were walking and we started talking to this guy and it ends up he doesn’t even speak French but he’s from Florida. He’s 20 just like us but he was with a friend backpacking through Europe. They started in Paris and with walking and the trains they’re going to somewhere in Italy then back home. They were really cool. We met up with them the next day and played basketball, then the day after they were leaving. It was really fun -if anything will make you homesick its talking to 2 Americans while playing basketball! Geez- but they were also just kind of bums making their way around. They said that there learning a lot about something but they didn’t know what. At least I’m here knowing what I’m learning and they were way jealous of our French. They had studied for a few months in Paris but still can’t really speak or understand. I’m going to be in Cannes tomorrow with Elder Parker so I’m looking forward to that. I’m sure I’ll show him some people too. Maybe we’ll pass some of our old amis! All of the Nice and Cannes elders and soeurs went to Monaco yesterday. We were invited but didn’t really want to go with all of them. We’re planning on going in two weeks yesterday. It was already 11 then with us, that’s 13- that’s too many to go somewhere together. We figure it would be better with just us and we could do more and see more so that’s planned for a few weeks from now- sweet! I really like Elder Page. We’re doing really good here. We’ve been finding and teaching a lot of people. Really we have been doing pretty good -last night we saw a guy we contacted just a few days ago- that’s really cool and we already have lots of things for the rest of the week, just around seeing new people and our amis. The work is still really hard but at least we have things to do. It’s a lot easier working with someone that’s just normal. People seem to like us and it makes the work funner. We’re hoping to have some success. I don’t know if I said this but it’s been well over two years since the last baptism here in St. Raphael. I know we’re in a hard mission but still that’s pretty horrible. But we have some amis that are so close- they just need to make the decision. We’re doing all we can to help them but they still have to choose. We had 4 amis at church this week and over half of our rendez vous were with the members. Everything is going really well and looking better. Thanks for all the emails and photos and you know real mail never hurts now and then! Elder Page wants Whitney to write him! haha Love y'all, Taylor

No comments: