Tuesday, November 11, 2008

31st email from France (Cannes)

Hey everyone, how’s it going? Things are really good here in Cannes. This week went by really fast. We’ve been doing a lot of finding stuff. We don’t really know anyone yet and they didn’t leave us with many amis so we’ve just been kind of wandering around passing by people and visiting. We have one cool ami that we finally just met last night and he seems really cool. We’re going to see him Thursday, I think. He came to a little thing we had at the church last night so that was good. We played catch phrase and just kind of messed around. Elder Monson is cool. Of course, everyone at church asked him if he’s a grandson or something but he’s not. It rained the first three days we were here so I’m a little sick right now but nothing to bad. Church was really good. It’s more normal than Vitrolles was. (or I should say more like the way I’m used to) There are lots of families and people that know how a normal ward works. There are lots of returned missionaries. We went to the ward council and they all seem pretty excited about the missionary work so that’s good. It’s still going to be hard with 6 of us, I’m still not sure how that’s going to work. The members were just like wow that’s good but didn’t do much to get to know us or anything yet so we’ll see. Soeur Daun is there along with Soeur Mahuru from Tahiti so that’s cool. We just passed 9 months so the sisters are going downhill now! It’s going by really fast. Elder Monson is pretty much a genius. His dad works for the Church in the genealogy department. So I think that’s pretty cool. He was a byu ball room dancer. The other day we went to St. Raphael for our district meeting. It was awesome. We took the train and the whole way was along the beach. There was tons of huge houses and lots of ports just filled with yachts. The next town after St. Raph is St. Tropez so maybe we can make it out there one day. I heard it’s not that nice though. Here in Cannes is super rich too. There aren’t any bad areas because everyone is stinking rich. The first day we were just walking around and we found a Bentley dealership then kept walking just to find a Lamborghini dealership. It’s pretty crazy. The people are pretty open to talk though so it's great. Yeah, all the people were pretty happy for Obama. All the members told us they stayed up all night to see who would win. I figure y’all did the same thing. One thing I think is funny- our ward mission leader is the exact French twin of Mark Morris. They’re exactly the same, even the jokes and little comments they make. They even look alike and have the same laugh. We walked along the beach road the other day and they had a lot of the guys doing the huge sand castles. They were really, really cool. We need to go back and take some pictures. Today I think we’re just going to do some shopping around centre ville. They have all the really nice stores- Dior and Chanel and all that good stuff. I never got the Halloween things yet but I think they stopped forwarding mail for a while for the transfers. So hopefully it will come soon. I don’t have that many pictures right now but I’ll try to get a few more and send them. Just take more good ones on the card you have and then send me it. I only have one card right now. You have one and one is somewhere in Toulouse or in the mail. I don’t know what you need to do for Christmas. I’m really just ok with getting money and a tie or something chocolate. Just whatever you think. I’m going to try and send y’all something. I might do some shopping for that today. How’s my blog going? You haven’t said anything about it in a while.Thanks so much for Blake’s email. I have another name and this will take skills- Mike Michie who lives I think in South Carolina maybe but if not somewhere on the east coast- but the kicker is he’s on his mission already so I need his myldsmail email so if you could search for that it would be much appreciated! How’s Bishop Young doing? Our bishop here is pretty young. He seems super nice. I didn’t talk to him very long but he seems great. What’s Ryan T. doing? Is he still there and Will? Oh- question- who are the guys that give out the red bibles for schools and hotels and stuff? I need to know their name. The other day we met a really nice member from Utah. She was window shopping as she described it. Her husband was there for business so we talked to her for a while. She has a son somewhere in Europe as a missionary so she was cool to talk to. That really sucks for Clay’s mission not getting to email. I wouldn’t like that at all. Try to get his address for Washington. I wrote Andrew today. How’s basketball going? Are they practicing or playing already? It still feels pretty nice outside so I’m liking that. I really didn’t want to go somewhere that’s way cold. It’s really weird here, I don’t even know how to describe it. There are just lots of rich people or normal people doing a good job making me think their rich. They even hhave little rich French dogs- crazy. How’s Chelsea doing?Everything’s good here- no problems. Elder Davis is in Toulon so he’s in my district. It was good to see him the other day. When I came down here it was on the train. I was with Elder Gibbons- he was in the MTC with me. I really like him. But anyway his dad’s name is Berry Gibbons- I think he produces the efy cds but anyways this elder is in a band with his brothers called The Gibbons and they have a song on the last efy cd. Whitney should have it. Tell her to listen to the song and tell me if she likes it. He said they have a cd at Wal-Mart but I would be surprised if it makes it to our Wal-Mart. Write lots this week. Love y’all,Taylor

No comments: