Tuesday, November 18, 2008

32nd email from France (Cannes)

Hey everyone, Things are going fine in Cannes. Oh and don’t be too worried that I haven’t gotten the memory card yet. I didn’t know there was money in there too. I think it’s either in Toulouse or in Vitrolles but it hasn’t gotten here yet. I did get mamas for my birthday though- all that came fine. Money for Christmas is really fine, that’s what I want. Oh yeah, you know I’m going to buy some sweet French shoes-some nice pointy ones- that’s how they do it here. They are kind of like elves shoes. I’ll probably get a scarf also and maybe a coat. It’s actually really nice weather here now, not cold at all. We wear short sleeves and no jackets.
But hey, thanks for the emails. It was really good but it seems I’ve been hearing only from mom and mama and not anyone else. Of course not that I don’t like hearing from you mom! This week was good. We did a lot of finding stuff. There is a whole area book of just people and numbers that haven’t ever been contacted so we’ve been going everywhere- it’s cool. I really like Cannes. I don’t know what were going to do after all these people are finished because we don’t have that many people to teach, but I’m sure we’ll find some. We’re finding a few, it’s just slow. We met this guy from Turkey who is really cool and we saw him the other day then well see him again tomorrow. He lives in a sailboat in the port which I think is awesome. So we’ll see. Tonight we have a rv with someone the other missionaries put us in contact with and we have a member to come with us so that’s exciting. That’s our first member lesson since we’ve been here. It’s not that bad being with 4 and it’s cool to see the sisters around every now and then. We had our fhe thing last night at the church. It was fun- we played this game that’s like Mafia. There weren’t a whole lot of people there but enough. I had talked to this less active really cool guy at church for like 30 minutes then invited him to come and he showed up so that was cool. Then afterwards the other elders set a time to go see him because he lives in an outside city- so that’s kind of annoying but whatever. The other elders are pretty ticked right now because the sisters set up a mangez-vous with their ami at church last Sunday so it’s kind of hard for stuff like that but for everything else it’s not bad. Christmas is going to be cool- what they’re going to do is have a big party for all the missionaries and members in Marseille. It’s a little long for the people here in Cannes but I’m pretty sure the Vitrolles people will come if anything to meet President Carter. Do you even know who the mission president is there or care?? Here it’s like a big deal. Everyone knows who he is and his story. Maybe it’s just because President Merrill was so amazing that they want to know President Carter, too. Everyone loved President Merrill and they’ll love Carter. It’s going to be a talent show thing I think. So they’ve been asking who can do stuff and I don’t think juggling would make it. Good thing I’ve been practicing my opera voice- me and Monson could sing. He sings a lot, I think it’s dumb but it doesn’t bother me so whatever. He really is a genius though. He builds robots and stuff. He created his own 3d game- just a total computer whiz but super smart too. His brain is different, I can’t explain it. Just one example is he does origami without thinking. He just sees it and can do it. He told me in high school he hated the computer nerds because they thought they knew a lot. He’s really, really cool though. We get along good. Thanks for the info- the Gideon’s ahh I was wondering just because we met one and they were trying to tell me he was evangelist but I was pretty sure that wasn’t it. Everything else is good. I really like it here. They’re starting to put up lots of Christmas decorations so that’s cool and were doing ok meeting people. Church was good, it’s just going to be really hard to get to know people. It’s not their fault. They already knew 4 then we all show up. They are nice and happy were there but that’s it, so we’ll see how that works out. Then on top of that the others are sisters and zone leaders so we’re at the bottom of the food chain haha- anyways it’s not bad. We’ve been playing soccer in the mornings just right around the corner. There is a community field with turf grass just open for everyone. It’s really nice and pretty fun too. We still don’t have a phone and it’s bad because we can’t call anyone or do anything to set up appointments. We’re just lost and they haven’t sent us one yet. Get Whitney and Evan to write or email or something MaMa is my only loyal writer and you. No, I really don’t mind. Use my computer and we can get me another one when I get home. That works better for all of us- mostly me! Thanks for answering my questions and for finding Mike for me. Eric’s been emailing me. He seems to be doing good and working out a lot. Apparently he’s training to wrestle with clye b., my old paintball buddy somewhere in Westlake. Well, that’s about it. Write a big letter next week. Love y’all,

Taylor

No comments: