Tuesday, October 28, 2008

29th email from France (Vitrolles)

Hey, how is everyone? I’m really good. Yeah, glad you liked all my pictures. I can try to answer your questions. I have no idea for the couple with the tattoo arm and Stg. Pepper shirt- doesn’t help me at all because I have no idea what that is- I think it’s really funny that you described those girls as Spanish. One is Mali gash and the other is Mimelle, the Muslim girl we talked about a while back. I really like the little figures the guy painted for us. They are from our ami, Lee. He paints them for this store. I actually have quite a few more now. He’s really cool but recently moved to Aix so now those elders are getting them- we’re pretty upset. Ok about my haircut-that was Elder Calder’s first time to cut hair. He’s about to cut mine again soon so pray for him. It was pretty bad! It only stayed like that for a few days though then grew out. He thought it was pretty funny, me- not so much. The freaky elder you asked about is just Elder Scott being dumb. Hey yeah, Matt Damon-wow. I really like that picture and that hat! Nobody’s ever said I look like Matt Damon before. Oh yeah, I’m in Marseille right now and I’m holding my carte de sejour. Finally!! It took forever but now that definitely means I’m leaving. So I’m pretty nervous. I’m sure it will be ok wherever I go. You’re right about the twilight zone though. I still don’t want to go over there. A lot of people told me it’s even better though so we’ll see. It’s going to be hard to leave Vitrolles but I’m ready, I think. Yeah we're still going with Rob and his family today so I'm really excited about that. We're meeting them at their house at 1 so we need head back over there pretty soon. I hope Evan didn’t take a bunch of stupid pictures. I really wanted some good ones of around the house and stuff and yall. What are y'all doing going to Japanese grills- that’s just weird for you but that’s cool. CITGO picnic -how come they didn’t do tours in the past? I remember going on a tour once but I was really young. I bet that was fun. Thanks for the Tony's. You can send them separately if you want if it's not too much more. For Christmas I really don’t need anything.I can buy some shoes here. I still like ties but im slowly becoming more European so I can't wear the big ones anymore- just sheik stylin ones. Stocking yeah candy and stuff only chocolate actually- would be great. Oh haha I just thought of the picture you mean- the couple that’s Joelle and Laurent- that’s funny- we’re actually going to be over there Thursday. ha I still am not sure what Sgt Pepper is. My foot is still hurting. I'm not sure what I'm going to do though. Don’t you have two memory cards now? I'm pretty sure you do. Send them both back please. Don’t forget the plastic cases too. Actually, look in my camera box somewhere in my room. I think there is another case for a memory card. I have one less and it bugs me just having one laying around but take lots of pictures and send it back. Whitneyand Evan need to write me. You, Dad and Ivy email me but I never hear from them. I hope I get a Halloween card since you said you got one for all my friends! How is Jace doing? I haven’t heard from him. I emailed him though. I hear from Andrew- six baptisms- what that’s crazy- that’s more than the average for each person here in two years. Y'all make video clips to send them to me. I'll try to send you some pics pretty soon of les Beux be Provence some time this week. Well that’s about it. Sorry this one wasn’t in a very formal letter form. There’s a lot of junk. I heard from Eric. He's going to Lamar next semester he told me. I didn’t have any good stories or anything this week but everything’s good. I'll know Saturday where I'm going. But anyways, hope y'all are good. Love y'all, Taylor

No comments: