Tuesday, October 7, 2008

26th email from France (Vitrolles)

Hey everyone thanks for all your emails. This week was really good. We had a lot of fun, especially with conference. It was really good to translate it. They just did it really fast, I guess, then sent it. We watched Saturday morning at like 6:00 that night, then we had the night session Sunday morning and Sunday morning Sunday night. It stinks because we didn’t get to see the ending session because it would have been so late. I guess we’ll get it in the Ensign or here its "le liahona" which is the church magazine but it has parts from the Friend, Ensign in one. We ended up going to Marseille for the priesthood. We got a member to bring us. We took this really cool road to get to the church; it went all around the city just next to the beach. We saw a lot of the industrial port where they were building a few huge yachts. Then there were about a million sailboats out which sucks cause it was Sunday, but still a really cool sight. That was really fun too because there was about 20 missionaries there that came from all over. Elder Davis was there so it was good to see him again. He seems to be doing good in Toulon. I’ll see them all again this week in Aix for zone conference so we’re pretty excited about that. I’ve had a good birthday- three different people called and sang- just other missionaries but still pretty exciting. We didn’t do much but go shopping. We actually spent like three hours at the store just looking around. It’s like Wal-Mart with everything. Actually something that really cool happened yesterday, we were at Carrefour the same store as today to buy some medicine for Elder Caulder cause he’s been sick and we ended up buying a few other things. It was like 40 euros so quite a bit of stuff actually. Then when we were checking out when the receipt came out the lady was like oh vous avez gagné or “you won” so at first were just like whatever we need to hurry so we don’t miss our buss then she’s like no vous avez gagné! Then she explained that it was free so that was really cool- they gave us 40 bucks in gift cards. I think it’s for the birthday for the store but what a birthday for me. We used the money that we won today- I bought a really cool big flag for the France soccer team then me and Elder Caulder picked out a tie so that was exciting.Another thing about conference that was cool is that Elder Neil A. Anderson served in Paris so he recorded his talk in French and then another guy, Chaussé, I think is French from a city in our mission, Agen, so he recorded his own too. I did really good understanding. The only thing is you have to pay attention, you can’t just let your mind wander and still know what’s going on so it was a little tiresome. We watched the thing in between about President Monson and he was telling a story about Shreveport so that was cool. Also our members were pretty excited when they announced the temple in Rome. I guess its not too far away. They all really want one in France. I really liked the kids choir too. I was in Aix again for an exchange and I got to go to their ward council. It was fun but not like ours. I guess I just didn’t know anybody so I didn’t really care. We didn’t really leave the apartment yesterday cause Elder Caulder’s sick so I just spent all day cleaning and mopping. It wasn’t too bad though, it actually went by really fast. I’ve been getting a little stuffy but I do every year so whatever. I finally got some news from Marseille. I should be having a medical visit the 22nd then after that I should be all good and legal so that’s exciting. Also that means I’m good to go anywhere in the mission even the Bordeaux side. That scares me a little bit but I hear its the best place to be for Christmas. I can’t believe 8 months already. It’s going by so fast. I feel like just left. It’s going to be a year before I know it. I bought this tarte de citron or just like a lemon meringue pie thing to make for myself but I don’t know if its going to work. It said to mix the stuff with water and 4 eggs then cook it for 10 minutes on low so I did but it just looked like scrambled eggs were forming there at the end so we’ll see when we get back. It’s in the fridge now ha "la frigo". Also I bought a little fruit cake which I love. I had never had fruit cake before but I really really like it (that’s before I came to France- I’ve eaten it pretty often here) That sucks about the missionaries being sick. There has been lot sick here too. I want you to write a little every week about what y’all do with the missionaries. Tell me what they teach y’all and if they’re cool or not. Do they still come every Monday? If so, that’s cool. Ivy said they’re probably going to Delaware which seems really boring to me. Don’t know why but it does. That’s cool though. I’m sure it will be good. I never got homecoming pics but be sure to send them. I’ll send the memory card today.
Sorry I didn’t have that much this week. This keyboard is stupid so you might have to go through and add letters. Love y’all, everything is good here!
Taylor

No comments: