Tuesday, October 21, 2008

28th email from France (Vitrolles)

Hey everyone! Thanks for all your emails. Everything’s going good here. We’ve had another pretty busy week and it was a really good p-day today. We have just been hanging out which was really pretty relaxing. We went a bunch of different stores and shopped around. I’m glad you got the pictures. I was hoping you would. Yesterday we were in Aix for a little zone meeting and our interviews and president told me that I’m leaving- at least if all the stuff goes normally in Marseille for the medical visit- so we’ll see. I’m sure it will though. I feel really weird about leaving. I’ve been here for so long. Everyone seems to think I’m going to Bordeaux on the other side. That’s pretty weird especially cause I don’t really know any of the missionaries over there but they all say its the best place to be for Noel or Christmas so I guess we’ll see. But that transfer will be November 4th I think. So I’ll be getting ready for that, starting to pack up all my stuff. Somehow I seem to have a lot more junk than when I came. But it will be ok. This last Sunday was really good. Everyone was pretty excited because a family in the ward had a son in Belgium on a mission and he just got back so they were all way excited to see him. I knew he was coming home for a while now and I was pretty excited to see him but then when he got there I was just like well this sucks-kind of makes me miss everyone back home. Especially because after he was all explaining how he got off the plane and saw his family and all that and how he realized it was over and all that. But he’s really cool though. He said he wants work with us and stuff so that’s going to be good. Then finally we got a new ward mission leader, Frere Vendassi- he’s going to be really good. His son is on a mission in Canada right now and he seems to really like us. We haven’t had anyone since Aurelian left a few months ago. So we should be starting to meet with him hopefully at least once a week. Sunday night we went to see Robert. They invited us over to eat. We just had a big crêpes party. They were really good. We both felt very unhealthy after but it was worth it. The best part is that they invited us to come with them next week to a little town called les Beux de Provence. It’s about an hour away and it’s a really old city with a bunch of shops and some kind of castle in the middle. We’re really excited about that. Actually Elder Calder had already bought a post card of the city because it was so cool and Frenchy so hopefully that works out for next Tuesday. If you want to laugh a little more about the silver- suited groom just know that his name is Sebastian ha He’s really cool though. Thanks for the complements on the apartment. We have already talked about how ugly the border is. Actually it doesn’t bother us. I really like this apartment, though. It’s a lot better than most of the other ones I’ve been to. oh yeah another good thing about Sunday a relief society president asked us last week if they could do anything for us cook or other stuff so we asked if they could fix all of our falling apart suits and stuff so I gave them a pair of pants that should be fixed by next week so that’s exciting. The bottom was falling where they fitted it and I had already put a safety pen to hold them up but it just wasn’t doing it. It was the green suit ones. I should be doing an exchange here in Vitrolles with Elder Scott this week so I'm pretty excited about that. We're going to be busy this week again. Tonight actually were going to Marseille and coming back tomorrow morning then were going to be in Martigues then two days in Salon then back in Aix. Yesterday we didn’t do much, we were in Aix all day for the meeting. I'm excited about going to Marseille. There is a French elder there that’s only been there for about a week or so. Elder Wright just left to go to Nice when he came making me the longest to still be in their first city in our whole group. There’s going to be 10 more coming for this transfer so that’s cool. I think Elder Calder's going to train. I bought a USB port today so that was a nice gift to myself. It should be a pretty good one. I'm going to start stealing peoples good photos and saving them. I bought a sweet address book today I'm pretty excited about that. I'll get everyone to give me their info. We got the new church magazines yesterday so that’s pretty exciting. I haven’t read much but it looks good. I got a letter from Andrew and some pics of him golfing. He seems to be doing good and another one from Clay. He seems to really be liking the mtc like I did. I kind of miss it. If my shirts are going kind of brown is there anything I can do for them? I've had this blister thing on my foot for a long time now and then someone told me it was a wart so I gave myself surgery and cut it off. It seems to be doing better, we'll see though. It really hurt before. You need to send my memory card back with some pics around the house and stuff. That would be appreciated-soon if you can. Also, maybe 2 more Tony's. Elder Calder really likes it but then so does everyone but if you could send two. I don’t really need anything else. I don’t know what I want for Christmas. How far ahead you should send stuff? I don’t really need anything. I would kind of like to buy some French shoes maybe. I can juggle better now. Maybe I'll send another video. Elder Calder is now hooked on it too. Love yall, Taylor

No comments: