Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sixteenth Email from France (Vitrolles)


Hey y'all, I'm really sorry again about no email last week . I was pretty bummed. You said you were thinking about all the stuff I would have said- I was doing the same- thinking about all the stuff I wanted y'all to know. Everything is good though. I have a lot to write. I guess first off today we just came back from girls camp here in Vitrolles.
It was really fun- they are just staying at a members house in their backyard. They have a big teepee thing they’re staying in. We gave a spiritual thought then ate with them. It was fun, there were only 3 there. Leticia was supposed to be there but right before she left yesterday her cat died which is the worst form of opposition I can even think of but everything else is good with them. Her baptism is the 6th of August for sure. We’re really excited about that. She picked out everyone for the different parts and planned the whole thing herself. It was really cool. Me and Elder Clyde have to sing a song together! I guess that will be ok. Y'all all know about my singing skills so we will see how that goes. Last week I gave my other talk in sacrament. It was really good. I talked about preach my gospel and how the members can do missionary work. A lot of people actually told me it was really good and that my French has gotten a lot better. The bishope talked after us and the first thing he said in his talk was congratulating my on my French. He actually said that I “talk like a native”. I'm pretty sure that was stretched a little but it is a lot better. After that in his talk he talked about how good we were as missionaries then he told everyone that they can trust their friends with us. That made us feel good to really have his support.
This Sunday at church they made this announcement about a pioneer broadcast that they would have at the church at 4 and just for everyone to stay and eat just do whatever until it came on. We got the Albertini family to stay, explained about the pioneers and everything. They were all excited to stay so by the time 4 came around the big projection screen is in the sacrament room and everyone’s there. Next thing we know its the Osmond's concert thing that you and MaMa watched. It was amazing. Let me tell you as a missionary that was quite the treat. It was just weird cause it had nothing to do with pioneers. I wasn’t too sure about the Osmond's at first. I knew mom really liked them but after the One Bad Apple song I was loving it then I was just about ready to get up and dance for the YoYo gig. It was really fun. Most of the members knew who they were already- it was all in Englis then when they would stop and talk and it was translated into French. There was quite the discussion afterwards about if it was appropriate for Sunday. I know it was Saturday night for y'all but whatever - most of the people were just like heck yeah that was so much fun. I was really happy when MaMa emailed me saying y'all watched it. I was hoping you didn’t miss it cause I knew how much you like them. But me too now- I'm a fan. Our elders quorum president wants to do a mini mission with us for three days so that’s going to be exciting. It’s probably going to be the next week but he has to get set apart and everything. He's going to stay in our apartment and all that good stuff. He served in Canada probably 4 years ago. That’s cool about Alex's trip. That should be fun. What are they going to do in Paris? He should have came down. The tgv trains go from Marseille to Paris in under 2 hours. I guess he probably still remembers a little French from school. I hope he tried to talk to some people. I hear that the people are easier to understand there, they just talk faster. A member gave me a calendar of Paris for some reason so I get to look at those pictures a lot. Last week I did a transfer in Avignon- it was cool the city -really awesome. It’s all inside a huge wall then the Pope's Palace (shown in the picture)
is there which is huge. I was with Elder Brack. This is his last transfer so he will go home in about a week. I guess our baptism on the 6th is my six month mark which I can’t even believe. It’s gone by so fast it doesn’t feel like six months at all. The other week we were in this really old town called Lancon de Provence and there is a big castle in the middle so we decided to knock on the door. We talked to the guy that lived there for a while. It was pretty cool. We haven’t been eating that much with members in the last few weeks, we have twice I think. Today we ate just like chicken and potato ball things. We ate a really good salade last Saturday then the week before that we had another meal with some people. They had this really good Moroccan bread then a tomato salade all kinds of different cheeses then ice cream- nothing to out of the ordinary. The only thing is someone gave us this syrup called gingembre and it was really spicy. I didn’t like it that much. This was in Avignon with Elder Brack and he only took one taste then left it on the table. ha That’s so cool about our camper being on the Zachary's camp. Take some pictures with the river in the background. I can tell people that’s our house. That’s funny, I already started to write Andrew a letter today. I have his address though in an old email he sent me. I can’t believe Ryan will be home soon. That’s cool. Your memory card is in the mail, you should get it in like a week maybe. When you do just download all the pictures on the computer then do what you want with the good ones. I just want to make sure that they are all there somewhere. I saw the batman ad the other day for the first time, it looks good and Hancock has been on the side of our buses for a while now. I talked to a Muslim girl last night for a while she said that Brangelina are actually not in Nice but in a suburb of Aix en Provence. I don’t know if its true but if so that’s not to far from here. She was asking if I knew any stars and we ended up talking about them, good works, helping out the missionaries, etc. Our biggest problem is no one has cars so the members are always full bringing other members so we can’t get rides for our amis. I can’t believe Whitney works at Sonic- that’s got to suck but whatever- that’s right by the house so that works. How’s she doing with the truck? Transfers are the 12th I think. We’re going to a zone development meeting in Marseille Thursday so I’ll get to probably have a first interview with President Carter -that will be cool. That’s about all I have to say- nothing to big has changed. We played ping pong today for the first time with this kid -the son of a lady we do service for- it was fun. That’s cool you watched the missionary film in French. We watched the Testaments the other day with one of our amis that was fun. I don’t really need anything in the mail but still mail something. You can wait a few more weeks. I don’t know when the next zone conference is but yeah its nice to get something just not to have to wait 6 more weeks. You can take all of this last part out of the email it’s not important. When are Ivy and Calder coming? I guess Mckenzie, Melanie and Amanda are still there. What’s they all doing? I wrote Melanie a letter last week but still haven’t mailed it.I sent Jenny one a while back -she probably already got it. I need to buy more envelopes today that are big enough for pictures. There is a place in the shopping place where you can print out one at a time for 25 cents soI made a few for letters and stuff. That sucks for Michelle Wi! She finally does good then gets to excited to do the score card. Does Taylor Z. have the truck over at the house? That would be fun to drive. Well I'm going to go but I love y'all. Hope this email works- it better. Bye.

Taylor

2 comments:

gwen said...

This is a test to make sure the comment feature is working....we were unsure since NONE of you ever comment! haha This blog gets tons of hits so leave us a message so we'll know who you are! Don't be mysterious!

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

Yes, Jen did get his letter. I saw it sitting on the couch this week. Since she left it out, I read it...she wasn't happy about that....ha-ha