Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Seventeenth email from France (Vitrolles)

Hey everyone, how’s it going? I'm glad you liked the email last week. Everything is good here. Nothing too new has happened. I guess the biggest thing is tomorrow! The baptism- that’s going to be really cool, we’re pretty excited. Everything is good to go. We have been practicing our song but it’s not getting much better. It’s a song that they only have in the French hymn book but it’s a lullaby with some pretty high notes. We had a family home evening at the church with some people from the ward last night. It was the Albertini’s and the family Billet. We just chilled and watched Legacy, it was really fun and relaxing. Oh yeah, happy birthday Dad. It’s a little late but I didn’t forget then I guess Ivy and Evan are the next week. That’s cool that Ivy will be there on her birthday. Is that why they are coming then? What’s Evan going to do? If he has a party or something just walk around and take a few pics for me. Thanks for taking some of the river, that’s what I really want to see. Ok, I’m sorry to have misinformed everyone but Laetitia's cat didn’t die. We were told by someone else that it had died. It’s just very sick. We saw it the other day in fact. They asked us to say a special prayer for it. So we did. I hope it gets better. It’s been to the vet twice now I think, and I know they fasted for it so we’ll see. It was on the verge of death when we were there so it’s going to take a lot of faith from someone. So transfers are at the end of this week. The day we would move is the 12th but we should know what’s going to happen Saturday. We had a zone development meeting this week in Aix. It was good. Soeur Carter did most of it. She just talked about different methods of contacts, stuff like that. It was good. She also gave us a list of the different types of food we should eat. We’re about to go shopping so we can try to get some different stuff. Normally we eat pasta, stuff like that- rice, tuna, and corn, lots of cereal,eggs, easy stuff to make. We never have any time to really cook. Thanks for the sports update in the last email. Jimmy’s in fourth? That’s sweet. And I though Brett retired, what happened there? Oh yeah, “Brangelina girl” (the Muslim girl I talked to last week) actually came to church. I was shocked when I saw her but she is really cool and really liked it. She said she would come next Sunday too and to the cours d'anglais. That’s sweet because normally we just have one guy William there. Eduard, that sucks- hope everything works out. Tell Jace and Clay to email me. I only hear from Eric and of course he doesn’t say anything about them. What day do they go to the mtc? Oh yeah the mini mission didn’t work out because that’s his only week off and he really needs to find an apartment for when he gets married. He was really sorry that he couldn’t do it though. Everyone here likes Obama a lot. That’s the only one they know I think and everyone hates Bush. Someone told us the other day that Bush has done too many things to hurt the Arab people! Dumb. Everyone here also loves Bill Clinton. Sorry I never explained about the syrup. Ok it’s just like a really sugary concentrated thing and you put like an inch in the bottom of your glass then pour water on top. It mixes itself. It’s really good, tastes like punch or something. It’s in all flavors. I really, really like it. It’s really easy too- we buy it every week. I don’t know why we don’t have it there. It’s not all with sugar though. There is mint and some other that aren’t bad. I have no idea where Chateau Miraval is but we’re in the Provence region like aix en Provence and Salon de Provence, Lancon de Provence so it’s probably not far from here. Look it up. Sorry I don’t have that much to say, you have to remember last week was for two weeks. I’m not homesick or anything I just miss hanging out and chilling and just knowing what’s going on with everybody. I really think I’ll get transferred. It’s really not common for someone to stay in their first ville for so long but we had two baptisms or will have tomorrow. Geez, do you realize tomorrow is 6 months for me? Does Andrew seem like he’s doing good? What’s the word on Christa and Matt? When does Sean leave? He will do good. We have another marriage the 8th that going to be cool. It’s Sebastian, a recent convert from like a year ago and this other girl from a member family. We finally got our bikes. I’m not going to lie, I just feel a little weird with the bike and helmet going through town. I would rather walk. People make enough fun of us already but whatever, it’s not that bad. They’re mostly for Sundays when there are no busses. It’s been a while since I’ve used my biking muscles though. We just rode a little bit and I’m sore. I think about what Dan Packard said about having stretch marks where his legs got so big. Where did you get the plan of salvation puzzle thing? Thanks, that is so cool. We haven’t used it yet. I gave a blessing in French to this less- active member. It was good. That’s about it. Well, love y’all. Hope everything is good. Stop running into mailboxes and poles! Bye - Love y’all,
Taylor

2 comments:

The A.Wahls said...

I was surprised to hear how you found my brother's blog, and excited too! So fun to feel connected to other missionary families so thanks for saying "hi". All the best to your missionary! Sounds like he is doing well and so excited about the upcoming baptism. :)

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

OK Gwen, who is running into mailboxes and poles?