Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thirteenth email from France (Vitrolles)

Hey, How’s it going? Sounds like everything is good- normal summer stuff. Everything is about the same here. We just came from shopping for food. Before that we went to this store Decathlon to look for bikes, just to see how much they would cost. It was fun though just to look around- it was a lot like Academy so it just had lots of different things. We have a family that said they had bikes that we can use so we will probably just do that. We will be in Salon again Saturday so we'll see. We have the ward council again later tonight so that’s always exciting. We had a little activity committee meeting after church Sunday and we talked about all the things were going to do- nothing to big. We’re going to start trying to have a samedi sportif- just a day for everyone to come and play basketball or soccer and bring their friends. All the other big wards do it with the missionaries but it’s just kind of hard to start so we will see. I actually really want to play soccer. I was kind of hard- headed towards soccer but now that I’m here I really like it. We haven’t really played that much but its just everywhere. Most people here like the Om or Olimpique de Marseille or le Blues, the team for France. I’m pretty sure they play in Paris. They had some golf clubs at that store today so it was good to mess around with it a little. Just for the record, golf still is way better...and harder. All of our amis are doing good. We have a new ami that came to church Sunday but the best part is she walked an hour to come from the other side of town. She stayed to eat after too. I think she really liked it. We have taught her twice and have another rendez vous tomorrow. You said that y’all had a pot luck thing, that’s really cool. Y’all should try to do it every month- that’s how it is here but it’s pretty much every Sunday. People just bring food and stay all day. We’re there until at least 4 normally but there are people there for longer. Yeah for the flower drink I referred to a bee because bees drink nectar or whatever but yeah very funny. Did you get an email from a lady with a picture today or last night? She is really cool. We had a rv and she said she would take us out to eat. All the restaurants were closed so we got kebobs and just ate on a bench. It was really cool and nice of her. I told her to write you a little note in French. I hope she did. There is this one Muslim neighborhood in Marinade and yesterday we were there. There is this family that is just always chillin in lawn chairs outside so we go there to see them a lot. It’s really cool because we seriously know almost everyone that lives there. There were probably 5 people that walked by that we had talked to and know just from being there often. Latitia said she will tell us soon about getting batized on the 30th. All the youth left today for the youth conference so we’re hoping that’s good for her. Oh yeah, I have to give another talk in church not this week but the next so that should be fun. It’s on Preach My Gospel so it shouldn’t be that hard. Frere Renderanaridera is still good, we haven’t taught with him that much lately but tomorrow were going to go to his house for a while and help him clean up his garage and stuff so that should be good. When we were in the sports store today they had videos going at the end of aisles of stuff like skiing and wakeboarding then one of fishing- it was kind of depressing. Yes, people get married civilly first here. Elodie got married here than would go to the Swiss temple the next day. When is Ivy coming? Let me know if anything exciting happens. Have fun if you go to Galveston. Did Evan get his dive certification yet? Has dad been again scuba diving? So how is everybody at church? What is Will doing? Eric told me he is just getting huge from working out and Jace too. How big are they? Try to find me the cheapest memory card that works for my camera and I can send you mine. Just send it in an envelope or something that will mail to our apartment. I hope I get your box tomorrow. I printed out a few pictures just to have ones for the letters I send. What’s Evan playing on live, Call of Duty 4 I’m guessing. I played it once before I left. That’s the modern warfare right? Yeah, I think so. You can take out all these questions or just make this sound better. I’m worried all these people read the blog thing and I just sound like a rambling idiot. You can change or add whatever I don’t care. ha Throw in a story, pas de problem. Tell everyone I said hey. Love y’all. Taylor

1 comment:

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

I love this and thanks for including his email. I am going to email him in a little bit. :)