Monday, October 5, 2009

78th email from France (the Bureau)

Hey, I’ll write more later. I'll be busy all morning playing golf with President C. Happy birthday to me! Pray that I play good!
Hey Everyone,This week went by pretty fast. We seemed to do alot of different things but I haven’t made the list I normally do so I hope I can remember everything. Well first off, this morning we went golfing with president! Awesome! It was just me, him and Elder Hill. We had joked about going together a few weeks ago then he really wanted to so we did. I played pretty bad which was kinda annoying but it was still fun. The course was nice but pretty hard with skinny fairways, water and lots of sand. The clubs we rented were really old and crappy but we had fun.
Conference was so cool. We had four amis that ended up coming so we were pretty excited about that. They seemed to like it and the translations weren’t too bad either. We didn’t get to watch Sunday night until this morning on the computers. Elder Holland’s was pretty powerful like always. It’s so cool that he is coming here to talk to all of us in a few weeks. I just hope he goes easy on us cause of our lack of baptisms. I’m sure he knows it’s hard. President told everyone that when he comes it will be a mission reunion with everyone from every city- probably the only time that will happen in President’s three years of serving here. Normally when apostles come they make do a tour of the mission but since he only has time for one conference before stake conference, everyone gets to come. It will be cool to see everyone but I’m not sure if we will have time to chat and take pictures. Probably just back to the train stations as fast as possible. Even the elders from Nice are going to rent a car to make it back the next day. So, I’m still in the bureau. I don’t know when I’ll be leaving. President didn’t say anything today. I get the feeling he wants me to stay a little more than I want to be here but anyways. Elder Hill can do everything that’s necessary so probably sometime this week. This week I got to go test drive a new car. That was cool. We met President at a dealership then worked out some stuff with a dealer then me and him went and drove around town for a while. I figured he would have wanted to drive but he told me to. Then just asked questions about how it handled and stuff. We should be getting at least one new one this week. It will be a pretty big change because we are changing from Renault to Opel. The ones we looked at are Opel Merivas which aren’t quite as cool as the Clios we have now, but not too bad. I won’t be driving one very much either way. Thanks for all the happy birthday stuff! Golfing was kinda like my gift. Write back when you get this. Also, I will send you some pictures I took this week. I’m trying to keep my camera with me every day before I leave Toulouse. Love y’all, Taylor

No comments: