Tuesday, June 23, 2009

63rd email from France (the Bureau)

Hey everyone, That’s really cool that you’re home now. I’m sure it was really good to get to see everyone. Today is kind of crazy. We’re all doing the transfers. We’ve been back and forth from the train station all morning trying to get missionaries where they need to be. Now we’re back at the bureau trying to take care of some work but its really hard because all the missionaries that are leaving tomorrow are here being wild and excited. We’re actually not doing much of a preparation day today but President invited us to his house Thursday and we’re going to play sports and stuff. He didn’t tell us why but we found out that it’s probably to celebrate his one year mark so that should be fun. This week was good, it was nice to know the transfers before everyone else. As far as our rendez vous it wasn’t the best week. We had a hard time seeing people- we really have this routine of good weeks and bad weeks. I can’t really understand why, however I hope we can snap out of it because the bad ones are always tiring. We went to Tarbes for an exchange this week so that was fun. We did it during the week and skipped a day of bureau work. Tonight we’re invited to our ward mission leaders house. He’s really cool- him and his wife just moved here a while back- he speaks really good English cause he served in Ireland. That will be a nice relaxing end to a pretty hectic day. For right now the bureau elders are staying the same but we think that will change in a few weeks when a few straggling elders come from the mtc that couldn't get their visas in time to come tomorrow with the other greenies. Another good thing with the transfer, I guess, is that I’m the district leader now, which I’m pretty excited about. I’ll get to go do all the exchanges and the district meetings. I’ll do exchanges with the zone leaders and I’ll talk to them every week about how everyone is doing so that will all be exciting. It’s more work but I’m pretty excited about it all, but a little nervous too. This week I have to do a baptismal interview for an ami of the Colomiers elders here in Toulouse. I’m kind of worried about that but I’m sure it will be ok. Umm..I don’t have a lot to say, Ill be able to write a little Thursday before going to President’s so write back when you get this. Be sure to tell me how everyone is doing and all that. Ask Melanie if she got my letter in French. Did you ever email the Steven guy? Was yesterday father’s day for you too? So we’re set up to have a good week. We have stuff almost every day lots of activities with church people; it should go by pretty fast. I hope you make it to Houston and back good. Sorry I don’t have a lot to say; there’s a lot going on here right now so it’s kind of hard to concentrate but I love y’all. Have a good week and I’ll try to write more Thursday. Love y’all, Taylor

No comments: