Monday, June 8, 2009

61st email from France (the Bureau)


Hey, thanks for the pictures and email! I’m glad you had a good week. Ours was good, it wasn’t the best but it went by really fast so it’s better. It’s the week five of the transfers which is weird to think about. This one has gone by super fast. I’m sure I won’t leave but I could change companions. How it works here is we have to train the ones that replace us for at least three weeks so it’s not like we ever just pack up and leave. We always know for a while beforehand, but since I’m the youngest here the other three will probably train before me anyways. This week was kind of slow. We had lots of things planned that didn’t work which kind of left us tired physically and spiritually also. It rained and when you’re looking forward to teaching it’s never very exciting being outside doing back up plans in the rain! We did have one investigator at church so that was awesome! Other than that, not a whole lot has happened. This week in the office was a little hectic. Most of my big reports to send in are due by the fifth of every month so I was busy doing those most of the time. The other day Elder Calder came to the office with his parents. It was cool to talk to them. They were all excited to go to Italy and pick up his twin. They have a pretty big vacation planned. I think they don’t go home until the 19th. We have our zone development meeting this week, Wednesday. It will be good to see everyone! It seems like all of my closer missionary friends are in this zone now, so that’s really cool. So it’s really fun to see them and eat together and stuff. I’ll be sure to tell Elder Page a letter should be coming. Today I think I’m going to write some friends from when I was in Idaho. I’ve been meaning to but haven’t gotten around to it. Before I didn’t have the mission addresses but now I can look it up on the computer. I also wrote Melanie a letter in French. I don’t know if she got it though I haven’t heard anything and it’s been a few weeks. I thought it was pretty good, though! The fourth of July thing sounds fun. Is that the first thing you will be back for or is there a Sunday between there and when you get home? Thanks for the pictures! The house there seems to be pretty nice! We were at someone’s house and they had a bunch of big placemats like for kids at a table with pictures of la Reunion where Alex is going. It looked really beautiful. Also I guess there is a huge volcano there cause they had pictures of lava burning through little villages and stuff. I guess he’s getting all ready to leave, that’s cool. I need to write Clay too today. It’s been a while. I’ll try to send some pictures later. We don’t have anything big planned today. We’ll probably just lounge around. That's nice sometimes. Sorry, you’re going to have a hard time making a blog out of this. It’s all kind of jumbled. (No, I just post what I get- haha) I hope you have a good week. I’ll send back some pictures, maybe a video. Love y’all! Bye, Taylor

No comments: