Monday, March 30, 2009

51st email from France (the Bureau)

Hey Everybody, How’s it going? First off, I didn’t get an email which is pretty sad but anyways I have a lot to say! (Oh yeah, that’s right. i forgot we have been emailing Tuesday- yeah, it’s Monday. Sorry. Well, it’s cool that you wrote that email to me right then!) President threw us a curve ball. I don’t even think I said anything about the transfers being this week because I was so sure that we were going to stay together. Well, he called us Thursday and said that were going to be changing and now I’m emailing you from my new desk and computer in the bureau or office! Wow, I never thought that would happen. I was really shocked and a little sad to leave St. Raphael and Elder Page but now I’m feeling pretty good about being here. I still don’t know a lot about what I’m going to be doing. I’ll be here with Elder Mendenhall and Elder Wright from my mtc district. We’ll be a 3. It’s always like that here in the bureau because it takes time to show the newer one all that he has to do. I know so far that I’m going to be in charge of the cars and cell phones and the referrals; so that’s a pretty big thing I guess I’m not sure yet all that I’m going to do. I’m sure I’ll be learning a lot. As for the bureau, I don’t know really at all what it’s like. Today is crazy because all the missionaries going home tomorrow are here and it’s kind of just like a party. The transfers are always a pretty big thing here because the people that come, the greenies pass by here and the ones going home and I guess we’re the ones that do all the paperwork to get them all set and legal. There’s a lot that I don’t know yet so I’ll be able to tell you a lot more next week. And on top of that, today is preparation day so no one’s really taking time to explain things. We’ll be here with Elder Monson who’s secretary, then Elder Wright who’s the apartment guy, then Elder Mendenhall who’s training me in the bureau. Then I’ll ‘kill’ him after this transfer in six weeks when he goes home. Then I’ll take over just me and Elder Wright. One thing about the bureau is that I’m sure I’ll be here for a while probably at least six months, maybe more. I’ll probably just leave here and have one town left then it’s done. Today was already really good. I saw lots of missionaries. I got to see Soeur Oliver, who’s here to get a greenie tomorrow and lots of others. That’s going to be the cool thing, just to see everyone. I’ll be here to see a lot of my friends go home cause they all pass through. After all that, this last week was good. Elder Page wasn’t too happy that I was leaving either. We were doing really good together. The members seemed pretty upset too. I’m pretty sure they all liked us two. Everything else is good. I haven’t even gone up to see the apartments yet. They’re just on top of the office part. It was weird coming back to Toulouse; it’s been almost a year since I was here! Well, that’s about it- I’m the bureau car guy from now on but I think it’s going to be good! We work here until about five I think every day then go and do other missionary stuff. It’s closed the weekends and we work just normal then. I don’t have much more to say. Let me know how everything’s going. Write me. Love y’all, Taylor

No comments: