Tuesday, March 10, 2009

48th email from France (St. Raphael)

Hey, sorry again about last week's letter. It was kinda lame. I wrote a big letter then the power in the whole building went out. We had a pretty good week. Sunday was pretty good. Finally all the people that were on vacation came back so that helped things to go alot smoother. Me and Elder Page always talk about how we miss the church back home and how well everything goes. Here we're always running around trying to help people or get things started on time. Their hearts are in the right place- it's always interesting! A few days ago we were helping someone move and they gave us a grill so we bought these big steaks and grilled em up today. It ended out better than I thought it would. We've had a few people invite us for dinner also. Just Sunday night we ate with a Tahitian family, the one that took us boxing, and they had pretty much red beans and rice. The only thing was it was with lentils and not red beans but it tasted about the same. I ate alot! It was closest thing to food at home that I've had in a while. Also Saturday I went back to Cannes for the day so that was fun just to work there again. We ended up spending alot of time in centre ville and passing some people that I knew when I was there. Yesterday for our p day we just went walking around by the beach. It was really windy and there were lots of windsurfers and even one guy with a huge parachute thing that he was holding onto. Then he had something like a wakeboard and he would just get a gust of wind and shoot up in the air probably thirty feet doing spins and flips. It was really cool. It's starting to get hot here, too. So I'm sure in a few months it's gonna be really bad. So your gonna go to Rome! That's cool . I guess you could go see all the vatican things. I heard they're really pretty cool. Also the new temple site is not far from there. I would say come here but I'm pretty sure they all just come to be naked on the beach; I can't see y'all being to into that! ha (new email) I'm all scared now I'm gonna lose my emails but anyways yeah, I figure Rome would be cool or indoor skiing in Dubai that sounds awesome. The best would to go see Tiger playing golf when the PGA comes. When is spring break anyways? Oh yeah, did they ever go to youth conference? I thought you said they would do that but I don't remember hearing anything about it. One thing, I think I might need to buy a suit, even shoes maybe. (but I'm scared of the French shoes) But really, my clothes are starting to get pretty worn down especially my black one and I kinda like saving the brown for meetings and stuff. I might start looking for something but I really don't like spending money though. Thats cool Whitney got her jacket. It's probably cooler than mine! Well thanks for the emails. I don't have my memory card withme so no pictures, sorry, next week! Love y'all, Taylor

No comments: