Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Nineteenth email from France (Vitrolles)

Hey, how’s it going? Really good here! We’ve been trying all day to find somewhere to do emails. The place we thought was perfect didn’t work; we needed like
photo cards and a check to pay for the whole year so that didn’t work. We’re good now. As for the pictures, I’m glad you liked them. Try to take a bunch of pictures before you send it back just of whatever- the house and all and then I can delete them when I get it. OK- the questions you asked about the pictures: The big striped building is a church in Marseille probably the one up on a big hill- it’s pretty cool.

The kid with the worn out shoe is Boris, the kid that was with us on our “disaster hike” and yeah that was his shoe at the end. We got him some new ones, though. At the wedding, that’s Alice, Elodie’s sister. She’s really cool. Yeah, the three girls are at girl’s camp. Yeah the kitchen window is extremely cool! Those are our weights I don’t use them that much. I’m actually a lot smaller then when I left but I’ll start again when I get back. The guy on the scooter is awesome. He’s a member in Marseille but I’ve seen him like three times maybe four. Yeah, that’s Frere Renderanaridera and his daughter Camille. At the beach, that’s the Mediterranean. Ok, those fish- we passed to see this family around supper time and they were eating. They have kids and they were eating all the other food but not even touching this huge plate of fish. So the mom says, “oh I can give y’all some food to take home” and she gives us more than half of them. They were really disgusting. They were all different like someone just cast netted in the Gulf of Mexico and they were slimy. Then the little meat they had was filled with tiny bones. We kind of picked at them for a while then just threw them away. But it was nice of her. So this week was good. We’ve been passing by a bunch of people so they can meet Elder Calder. It’s been fun. The members really seemed to like him Sunday. He’s from Utah. He’s really cool and fun. I really like him. He’s been in the office for the last months so he’s really excited to be back in a normal city. He’s also been in Nice and in Agin which is more on the other side by Bordeaux. We had our district meeting yesterday in Aix. It was cool to see Elder Scott. Nothing much new has been going on. This week was actually pretty hard. We had a lot of our rvs canceled. A few were with members too, so that’s always sucky. Last night we had a rv with this guy then he wasn’t even there so we went to see Mme. Parody with Fr. Fernandez cause he was already with us. So it turned out ok. She had the Olympics on the whole time so I was happy. I really wish I could watch more of them. I saw the girl pole vaulters- it was freaking amazing. Then the gymnastic guys, I was impressed. That was the first time I really saw the stadium in Beijing- it’s huge. I got the letter from Whitney today. I really hope you took some pictures of all the stuff you did when Ivy and Calder were there. Send them to me soon. I don’t think I really need anything in the next box not that I can think of. I cant believe that they started school. Time is going by so fast here for me. Elder Calder thinks for sure I'm going to go next transfer. The Carter's are cool. Everybody really likes them. They approved lots of music that wasn’t approved before. We can listen to all the Disney songs without words, Phantom of the Opera, too, just lots of stuff so that’s exciting. This week we have eaten pretty good. We had one meal and we had le foi du canard- something like that but it was duck liver but made in to a spread. It was ok. Then today we were at the store and I told myself that I was going to buy some Roquefort cheese and just force myself to eat it until I liked it so I started today. I ate a little bit but it was just horribly strong. The French people like it a lot though. Yesterday I had an exchange with Elder Hansen, he’s in Avignon now. It was good. That’s about it. Sorry I don’t have that much to say but everything is good. Love y'all, Taylor

No comments: