Thursday, June 12, 2008

9th email from France (Vitrolles)

Hey, how’s everything going? I hope good. Sorry this email is so late, we didn’t have time to email Tuesday because we were moving into our apartment so we called the zone leaders and they said it wasn’t a problem to do them today. But it sounds like there isn’t even anyone there to get this. I guess its just Dad and Chelsea at home for the week. That’s cool. It’s kind of good that I didn’t email Tuesday, though cause I have some good news. Tuesday we had a rendez vous with the Albertini family. It was really good. Before we even sat down, Laetitia said “Oh yeah, I chose a date for my baptism- I think the 21st sounds good.” So we were really excited about that. It’s in two weeks so we will probably be planning that out and stuff. Everything else is going good. Today we have already had 4 rendez vous and they were all really good. Two of them were with Temoin de Jehovas though so that’s always a little hard but nothing too bad. Then one more with Joelle and Laurent- they are doing really good, we just stopped by to read a few chapters in the Book of Mormon with them. We have already taught pretty much everything so now were just reading with them and trying to see them about once a week. They are still waiting for the divorce thing to work out and to be married and baptized, so that’s really good. Then the other was with a really cool 17 year old kid who I met 3 days ago on an exchange with our zone leader, Elder Kelley. We’re all moved in so that’s a big relief! Everything is good, I really like our apartment. It’s kind of small but that’s ok. If you want to Google map it, it’s the rue de la paix and like I said, it’s just at the base of the rocher. We have gone to the top a few times now- it’s really cool especially at night with the sunset. I’ll have to send y’all a few pictures. Last night we ate with the family Portellano. They are really cool, just one of the more normal families in the ward. Raphael is the one that baptized Barbara. For our pense spirituelle we talked about the 25 seminary scriptures for this year cause he just finished. If you can send me one of those plastic cards with all the scripture masteries for the 4 years I would really like that. I guess I should know them already. But it was really good. We don’t really eat with members that much. Yesterday really was the third time, I think except for a few family home evenings, Are the elders still coming every Monday night? Is Roman still there? I really can’t believe how fast the time is flying by here. I’m gonna find some stuff to send y’all this week. Sorry this wasn’t as long as usual. We don’t have a lot of time- our cours de anglais is tonight in 10 minutes. I hope I get those pictures soon. Love y’all -oh yeah, happy fathers day Sunday, Dad. I don’t know if it’s the same day there,but it is here. So have fun at camp. Oh yeah, Evan said he shaved his hair. I got his letter yesterday. Is it like shaved or just buzzed? I have to go but tell everyone I said hey. Tell the Lovelace’s to email me.

Love y’all, Taylor

No comments: