Friday, February 29, 2008

MTC letter #3



Hey, what’s up? Everything is still good. The days are going by fast. I can’t believe it’s already been three weeks. The weather here is getting better, the sun has been out for the past few days. Yesterday me and Davis went outside and just sat on a bench. It felt so good. I bought this Book of Mormon picture story book like little kids have, but it’s in French so I guess that helps. I guess when all the snow melts they will let us go outside for gym, that’s cool. We have had a few speak your language days which have gone pretty well. It’s a lot like a normal day just without as many story telling an jokes and our study times goes a lot quieter. I guess that’s ok, though. Geez, yesterday we had from 12:00 until 7:05 without a teacher; it felt like it dragged on forever. I ended up falling asleep at my desk. You will be glad to hear I went and did the photo thing but I can’t pick them up until Monday so I’ll send those. Tell Dad I somehow figured out the panoramic without the manual-haha. I got a cool one of our classroom and our room or residence as they say. We got to wash clothes today. It went okay. It as a madhouse with little Chinese people walking around everywhere. I guess they have the time before us. We teach people in the TRC on Wednesdays. We had to teach the second lesson for the first time. It went ok, I guess. It was a little weird cause we were teaching Frere Collette’s sister and his roommate so I guess he knows if we did good or not. He watches on camera but he doesn’t see the hole thing cause he has to switch back and forth from the other companionships in our district. We’re going to the temple today at 12:50 so that’s cool. We might eat in the cafeteria there. The food here is kinda going like the galley did at BYUI; it’s good food and all but after awhile it just all tastes the same and you can tell it’s cafeteria food. But whatever, I’ve still been eating healthy and working out a lot. It’s kinda the highlight of the day. It feels really good just to have something other than just sit in a desk. We have just beenworking on all the tenses a lot. It seems to help. I was talking to this guy in the bookstore from Quebec and I pretty much understood everything he said. The guy at the TRC the other day though was just speaking like this mumbled Canadian French and me and Davis had no idea what he was saying. Before we teach we have to go through some scenario with somebody in French. The first few times we just knowcked on doors which wasn’t too b ad. But this time we had to get them to walk to a bus stop and then talk to them on the bus ride to church. They said it was gonna be seven minutes but it felt like 20. He would say something but we wouldn’t know what so we would just ask him another question. It was kinda funny. Oh, yesterday we had some free class time with Frere Fox. He served in Toulouse so he was giving us a lesson all all their cheeses. It’s pretty weird, he said they eat a lot of it and some is good but some is just really bad with a really strong taste. He said that he bit into one once and it tasted like he just took a big bit of sunscreen. Haha That’s gonna suck. He said he ate a lot of oysters. I guess that’s not too bad and he said he had the snails. I have no clue how to spell escargot. That might be right. He said they aren’t too bad. You don’t hav to chew them if you don’t want to, kind of like the oysters. Then there is one kind of cheese so when they cut it, they cut little slices so there is just a little chunk of meat from the worm. That’s sick. Then he said a lot of the cheese has mold on it but that’s kina what cheese is anyway, right? I don’t really know. This Tuesday everyone was getting all excited for an apostle but it was another boring guy from the 70. They said it’s been like seven weeks which is longer than normal so maybe sometime soon. I guess with President Hinckley that could have messed some things up. They give us the Church News every Sunday which is like all the outside information we get. Ahh My friend from Idaho came in Wednesday, Andrew van Woerkom. I don’t think you know who he is but that’s pretty exciting. He is learning Spanish for Ventura, California so he will be here for as long as me. I would really like some kind of weekly NASCAR report. That would really make me happy. I heard that Johnson spun out at Daytona, that stinks but whatever. I also caught wind today that Shaq went to the Suns and the Mavericks got Jason Kid; that’s good stuff. I’ve found that the MTC revolves around ties so if you wanted to send me one every now and then that would be great. I know I have a blue striped on at home somewhere that I couldn’t find, if that one shows up I would like to have it or just whatever other ones you fund, ugly or not it doesn’t really matter. And my money clip thing, you said you would talk to Alex. Cool, just make sure it’s the one like I gave Evan. I guess that’s all I have to say. Keep sending the dear elders. Tell Ivy that Mocha will be better if you just pick her up. She is often mad when woken up or after she’s been left alone for awhile. Just pick up her tail and she will be in a better mood. Also that if you kinda direct her head to the mouse she will probably eat it. I never had any problems and I was feeding her like almost twice a week. OK, later! Love Taylor

No comments: