Friday, February 22, 2008

MTC letter #2


Hey, what’s up? Nothing much here. Just still going to a lot of classes and learning French. I didn’t tell you last time but our two teachers are scheduled to both work 20 hours a week so that’s a lot of learning. But we still have so much mdt (missionary directed time). Yesterday we didn’t have a teacher from lunch to dinner so for five hours we just sat in the classroom which isn’t that bad, I guess. We still learned a lot on our own but it’s kind of boring. I try not to fall asleep but it’s pretty hard some times especially waking up at 6:30. I’m getting used to it though. I guess my letter I sent y’all isn’t gonna make it. I sent it like two weeks ago. For the questions, tell Evan I have no idea where those controllers are. I looked everywhere for them and all I could fins was the Madcats one and it’s at the Lovelace’s and it sucks anyway. W have SYL days or “speak your language” but we haven’t gone a full day yet. Just like in the evening or something. I am learning a lot though. I can pretty much say anything I want, I just have to think about it. Sometimes it’s not real natural yet. We have been working a lot to learn all the tenses which is cool. I know them pretty well but there is a lot of different verb forms you have to know but I’m learning them. I’ve been taking pictures and there is a place in the bookstore to pring them up so I’ll try to get y’all some of my district and stuff. I still haven’t gotten the thing you sent me. I guess I don’t have as much to say as I did last week. We pretty much do the same thing every day, wake up and study. On Sunday and Tuesday nights we have big devotionals. The two guys from the 70 so far have been James Dunn and some other guy with a really long German name. I’m sure they are great guys and all but those were the two most boring talks I have heard in my life. The Sunday ones seem to be a little bit better or they have so far anyway. Our district is a lot of fun. My companion (or collegue de missionaire- the word companion is taken the wrong way in France) is really good. I don’t really need Krispy Cream doughnuts but if you really want to send them our district can eat them. I just realized that I don’t know anybody’s birthdays so maybe mail me a list of those. Um, if you want to make me really happyyou can go to the golf course and buy a money clip just like the one I gave Evan. I don’t like to carry my wallet and I need a few cards for meals and a little bit of money. It’s like $25 but get Alex to buyit with the employee discount for like $14. I really want that. Everything else is going really good. You’re right about the accent. It’s gonna be weird. Frere Collette is from Canado so his accent is a lot harder to understand than Frere Fox. I have to really listen when he talks or I don’t understand any of it. If you send this to people, make sure to take all the stupid stuff out. I guess you are at your scrapbooking thing so have fun with that. I guess I’m gonna go but get that money clip and send me. I haven’t spent any money here at all. I used my debit card once just to make sure it worked cause last time I didn’t use it they turned it off. I’m getting a hair cut today, that’s exciting. We’re going to the temple at 12:50 today so that’s cool. I’m about to go eat at 12:00. Try to respond with dear elders so I don’t spend my time reading emails on my 30 minutes of computer time. OK, see y’all, Bye!
Taylor

No comments: