Friday, February 15, 2008

MTC Letter #1


Hey, what’s up? I finally get to email. I’ve waited forever it seems like. You should get a letter. I sent it Monday. I figured it would have been there by now. I got your package. Thanks for that and I really like the “dear elder” messages, they are cool to get. They normally pass them out at dinner. I saw Matt S. yesterday for the first time so that was cool. He seemed to be doing great. Today is our p-day so we should go to the temple later I guess. I’ll try to send a picture of our district- we are 45-B. We are all cool. I think I like our district a lot better than all the other French speaking guys that came in at the same time as us. More French people won’t come until like three weeks from now when our zone leaders leave. We had to teach people at the TRC the other day. It was kind of cool and we do that every Wednesday. My companion is Elder Davis. He’s from Tremonton, Utah, somewhere up by Idaho. I told him that’s where you served your mission so you might know where that’s at. We have 3 sisters and 6 guys that we have class with and we spend so much time together. Me, Davis, Elder Moon and Elder Wright live in the same room. Then the guy from Louisiana is Elder Lundberg, then he is with Elder Scott from California and he keeps us all sane in the classroom. He is the funniest guy ever. There is also Sister Oliver from England so it’s cool to talk to her, too. She knows quite a bit of French. Then we have two teachers, Frere or Brother Collette and Frere Fox. I like them both a lot. Fox went to Toulouse and Collette went to Canada on a mission and lived in France so they are both amazing at speaking the language. We’re learning a lot. I feel like I know so much more than a week ago and the days are going by really fast. The guys that have been here for 5weeks are really ready to get out of here, though. I’m sure we will be feeling the same way soon. The food is pretty good and gym is good, it’s something to look forward to. Anyways, we go like five times a week. Surprisingly, I have been writing in the journal Sis. Walledom got me. I didn’t think I was gonna but I am. Oh, if you got my letter it said to send my reef sandals. Also send me four pair of boxers for the gym. Try to send them soon. Other than that, I’m doing good! I’ll try to write and send some pics and I should be able to email every Friday. Tell Evan to keep working out and tell Whitney to send me something. I guess that’s it.
Love y’all, Taylor

No comments: