Tuesday, December 16, 2008

36th email from France (Cannes)

Hey! This week was pretty good. The transfer ended yesterday. I guess we’re both staying here together so that’s cool. That puts me here until almost my year mark. It’s going by so fast. Really nothing too big is going on here. I don’t have a lot to say. Just the same stuff- looking for people to teach. Sunday we went to watch the First Presidency’s Christmas devotional so that was really good. Finally someone invited us to eat for last night- an older couple, he cooked pizza that was pretty good then had a big plate of different cheeses so that’s always interesting. He has some really strong blue cheese that I ate a lot of. I know you really want to hear all the news about our amis but it’s really going pretty slow right now. Ivy sent me a letter this week so that was cool. It was kind of for my birthday and Christmas with money too so that’s always good! Thank y’all. I’m going to buy some Christmas cards today to send to a few people. For the call- I don’t know- I might be able to do it this week. I would just call from the church. I guess I could give you a time. OK, we figured it out. I will call you Thursday night at 5:30 here so it should be 7 hours ahead for you so the call would come Thursday morning at 10:30. I’ll call president but I figure he won’t have a problem. So I hope you don’t already have the anything planned at that time. If so you can maybe email President giving him a time I can call. So that should work! It might be just hectic to call after your there. I’ll just call from the church then we have our ward missionary meeting after. That’s Thursday, the 18th! Cool. Other things going on- not much! We have our Christmas party this week in Marseille. That should be really good. We are really looking forward to that. Saudi! That is really cool! Y’all have a lot to do I guess. I am super amazed about the garage holding 2 cars. That’s crazy about not letting anything Christian into the country. I still need to find a map because I don’t know where y’all are going to be exactly- that’s been bugging me. It’s cool the ward people have been in touch. I’m sure they will be happy to have a few more people. I guess you probably won’t be able to email this week after you get there. You know I want to know all about what it’s like. I have it all imagined in my mind but I could be way off. I’m sure it will be cool though. How were people at Dad’s work when he said he was leaving?? He’s been there forever. I guess today is his last day Well, I hope everything goes good. I’ll be praying for y’all. Sorry this is a lame email but we’ll talk Thursday. Can’t wait.

Love y’all, Taylor

No comments: