Tuesday, September 16, 2008

23rd email from France (Vitrolles)

Hey everyone, how’s it going? Really good here! I’m in Marseille right now. We came last night so I could do some stuff for my carte de sejour. That was pretty frustrating like always. We ended up sitting in a room forever waiting for them to call our number just to be able to set up another rendez vous for December. It’s really ridiculous but since we were already here we met up with all the missionaries from around here and went to see D'if. It was really, really cool. I think the best part was just being on a boat. The ride started at the base of the port here so it was cool to be on the water. There was a really, really huge yacht parked out there so that was exciting along with all the other boats. But then the castle was pretty cool. There were lots of little clips from the movie (Counte of Monte Cristo) then lots of historical facts. It cost like 13 dollars but still worth it.
This week was good. Oh yeah, I got your package. I really like the shirt. Too bad no one ever sais lessez le bon temps rouller- it’s just a translation but still cool. We had our zone development meeting this week in Aix- so that was pretty good to see president again. They’re really cool. I’m scared right now though because it’s getting near the end of the transfer. President told me the other day,” Ohh that makes 4 transfers for you to be there…” So we’ll see. I’ve been in Vitrolles for a long time though. I just don’t want to leave. It’s going to be weird to go anywhere else and me and elder Calder are working hard and starting to find some new people to teach. Things are going pretty good so we’ll see. I know I’m going to move eventually, I just don’t feel like I want to right now I really like all of our amis and the ward. We’ve been working with a lot of members. This last week we had 8 lessons with them which is the most we have had in a while. I going to be bummed if I leave but I’m sure the next place will be good if I do. This Sunday we got to go to this young single adults broadcast that was transmitted just to our chapel by satellite but when we get there I realized it was taped or whatever at byu. It was really good but also really weird for me. I couldn’t stop thinking about how I probably know a few people that are actually there and how I’m here all the way around the world listening to Elder Holland being translated into French. It was really good though, I liked it. Also this week was Aurelian’s wedding. It was Thursday night, actually the same day as our meeting with President. There were quite a few people there. He was excited and I’ve talked to his wife a few times before -she’s really cool but he’s gone now. I’m going to miss him. He was really good as our ward mission leader. There’s no telling how long its going to take for them to call us another one. We were there for the beginning but I heard that the ball he had lasted until 4 in the morning. I still can’t get over that and they were just jamming- all the Spanish music- Shakira and everything crazy, you name it. This Sunday when we left our apartment to walk to church, just out of nowhere there were just tons of people selling stuff on tables all up and down our road. It was really cool. Normally they have the outside marché further down town but they moved it to the village. I don’t know why but it was really cool. Sonia told me Sunday that she really thought about it and that she’s going to be baptized in October; so that’s really good- another reason why I want to stay. We’re going to have two more exchanges this week with the elders from Avignon and Aix so I’m pretty excited for that. I’ll probably work with Elder Scott later on in the week so that will be good. Just one question- ok, so we’re on the bus quite often and hear the radio a little bit but every single time there is just this one song that the people here just love and I’m wondering if it’s big there too- it’s something about “I kissed a girl and I liked it”…..it’s so weird-everybody sings it all the time. So that’s just a question also what’s Ryan been doing since he came home? Update me on Eric, Jace and Clay, Alex… it seems like the last few weeks I’ve only gotten hurricane information which kind of sucks. I saw a picture of Galveston harbor the other day in the newspaper so I figured y’all were all right. That sucks about the flooding though. I really like Marseille. I really would like to serve here- just the big city feel. Besides that everything is pretty good. I’m really anxious for the transfer calls that should come Saturday night. Actually my birthday is going to be on a prep day so I’m sure we can do something with some other guys. I should have some pictures to send you soon. I took a lot of good ones today. Our neighbor is obcessed with Madonna. He plays music pretty loud during the day. It's not too bad as long as it's not in our study time in the morning. Andrew sent me a letter and it was really cool because I had already written him one and I went to send it the same morning that I received his but I couldn’t find it anywhere, so I just waited so then I could answer to the things he asked. I thought that was cool. Tell Whitney to be sure to send me their homecoming pics. That’s cool. I made a cheesecake Sunday morning . It was amazing! It was just one from a box like I love. We came back after church and ate it all. If you ever want to send me food, send that! ahh it was so good. What’s Eric doing? He never emails me anymore and I really want him to. What have they heard from Jace and Clay? When does Shawn leave? That’s cool. Do you ever hear how Matt, Christa and Andrew T. are doing? Send me a long email next week. I really want to know how everyone’s doing. That’s all I can think of for now, but love y'all! Taylor

No comments: